As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land. But Mostly Mine.

Heh, wow, good catch. Er, good find. Also featured, my use of Klingon in an analysis.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

T247

Xenu's pirate hideaway is finally out of revolt. They'll starve, then they'll make a marginal contribution to the empire. Dat motherland anger though... rolleye I know plako has cultural dominance on the tile, but he's never actually controlled the city. Right? Or does the fact that the city revolted for plako have anything to do with this? Anyway, it's annoying but no big deal. Starve! The bad thing about starving though is that it is going to cost me internal trade routes in other cities. Distance combined with large population here has made this a preferential route in several cities. I'd like to keep the population. All it would take is me logging back in and razing plako's nearest cities but that is definitely not worth the effort or the ensuing war. So starvation it shall be. popcorn

Better than even money on the Great Spy that I need to give me 4/5 of the GP for the 5-man GA. If I get the spy I should have better odds on the GA. IF I get the spy THEN I'll do some math to see how long it will take me to get the GA. At -1f it would be 18t. Not fast enough. I am willing to sacrifice this city's population to speed that up for the space race. Doing so would also improve the odds of getting the artist as The Great Library's latent GPP contribution and the RI's free scientist would have fewer turns to contribute.

If only I had been able to kill Ruff and wetbandit sooner. Wow. eek This is with wealth builds in most cities, but still. I don't know how hard OH/Fin are pushing wealth...

...but I'm dumping EP into them to find out. And for all the warring I've done, I have only half the population and ~40% of the land I need to hit domination. Even if it could be done, who would ever actually want to do it? yikes

(June 12th, 2015, 10:48)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Xenu's pirate hideaway is finally out of revolt. They'll starve, then they'll make a marginal contribution to the empire.

So after all my resistance this is how my people will die? By starving? I should have set fire to the city myself. [Image: emot-supaburn.gif]

(June 12th, 2015, 10:48)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Dat motherland anger though... rolleye I know plako has cultural dominance on the tile, but he's never actually controlled the city. Right?

Never conquered!...OK conquered once, but not by plako....banghead

Quote:Or does the fact that the city revolted for plako have anything to do with this? Anyway, it's annoying but no big deal. Starve!

Yeah the motherland anger is a mystery to me, maybe it's caused by the immense cultural pressure. Fellas, all your mothers are dead, there's no more motherland. Maybe that's why they're angry.Iiam

Quote:The bad thing about starving though is that it is going to cost me internal trade routes in other cities. Distance combined with large population here has made this a preferential route in several cities. I'd like to keep the population. All it would take is me logging back in and razing plako's nearest cities but that is definitely not worth the effort or the ensuing war. So starvation it shall be. popcorn

You mean logging back in and razing MY cities. The people of Uberleben Stadt don't care if they have to kill other Germans, as long as they survive. Kill as many other German cities as you need to to preserve them! [Image: AR15firing.gif]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

It's clearly motherland anger from the ancestral Japanese burial grounds on which Xenu initially planted the city.

(June 12th, 2015, 17:32)wetbandit Wrote: It's clearly motherland anger from the ancestral Japanese burial grounds on which Xenu initially planted the city.

This is a more convincing explanation than Xenu's answer. But since I've done my best to eliminate all vestiges of Japanese history, this shouldn't be a big deal. There was never a Japan, only colonial island Russia!

(June 12th, 2015, 10:48)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: And for all the warring I've done, I have only half the population and ~40% of the land I need to hit domination. Even if it could be done, who would ever actually want to do it? yikes

Surely you wouldn't need to get near the actual domination threshold to win a concession victory...

Go, fight, fight! popcorn

T248

I got an event. Yay. Golfclap

OH/Fin built the Internet (+15% research in all cities) and got a better event. Ohdear

This is all the info I could find on the event.
  • Send congratulations to the developers. Our people should enjoy this game. +1 happiness in all cities
  • This game seems to have great educational potential. Suggest that it be used in our educational system. Every University will provide 3 extra research beakers.
  • Computer games? They have no place in our society! Sell the franchise to foreign buyers! Receive base 320 gold with an extra possible 80 randomly

I'm guessing they took the 3 research beakers. I have no idea how many universities they've built but I would assume happiness is not an issue and 400g at best is a drop in the bucket. This would have been a good event for me, but I guess my free 2g/turn from the airport gift shop is better than nothing. cringe

I did get the Great Spy, so now the Artist is all I need to fire the 5-man GA. I think I can get it in 12 turns just doing a little math in my head. I'll work up an exact count soon. I don't think that I can beat OH/Fin in a space race because I think they're going to be able to fire one last GA too (they just got a GE this turn), but we'll see. At least it's a race.

Enforced peace with Krill is over, but he hasn't moved his stacks.

I think he's content to let this game end with no further investment, unless Joey makes a move and Krill thinks he can act in a way that would lead me to concede to OH/Fin.

Joey is still building destroyers and now has an air force with two fighters. He's teching Radio, so more air units on the way. I can see him being just invested enough to invade me to out of spite because I insulted him and RUINED HIS GAME earlier. crazyeye

I've started a handful of laboratories in high hammer cities for the spaceship and in a few other high commerce cities just for the beaker bonus.

I'll finish Rocketry next turn. I dipped the slider to show an extra turn for gamesmanship reasons. Not that it matters at all.

Ceil, didn't mean to ignore you. It's summertime. That means as many beach days as I can get, not starting long, grueling wars that will make me sit indoors in misery moving units and thinking hard over a difficult problem. It is a cop out, but I'm not eager for more blood. I want a race to the stars. If it works out, great. If not, kudos to OH/Fin. And, I suppose, to TBS, who is still churning out GAs and hasn't given up. If only I could find where he is hiding the GAs... Anyway, I'm glad he is still striving for the CV. This gives OH/Fin something else to think about and maybe diverts some resources that otherwise would speed the space race? I suppose I am allowed to hope for that at least.

(June 14th, 2015, 15:07)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: just invested enough to invade me to out of spite because I insulted him and RUINED HIS GAME earlier. crazyeye

Ruined his game, no. Insulted, yes...

No worries about ignoring me, I figure you got a two week break from this game and if I was you that would have killed my interest in playing the turns, let alone responding to the peanut gallery!

I may have insulted him. mischief

This is my strategy for dealing with angry people on the internet: Ignore if possible. If not possible, try to reason; leave space for polite disagreement. If not possible, insult. The all caps above is, btw, mostly sarcastic. I think his game has been fine. He ate someone and is still alive and he'll finish top 5 in a huge field. I'd call that success by almost any measure. All anyone in this game reasonably could have wished for from the outset is to win his neighborhood.

I like the peanut gallery, Ceil. I lace 'em up every night for guys like you. Thank you.

BGN ... I enjoyed surviving to T230-ish ... it was about 30 turns longer than I expected. I played a few lurker turns so i can't comment / help manage your (stupidly large) empire at the moment. I'll wait another 5-10 turns and then ... if you want someone to help manage some element of your empire ... I can help.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.