As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land. But Mostly Mine.

(June 24th, 2015, 06:56)Ruff_Hi Wrote: BGN ... I enjoyed surviving to T230-ish ... it was about 30 turns longer than I expected. I played a few lurker turns so i can't comment / help manage your (stupidly large) empire at the moment. I'll wait another 5-10 turns and then ... if you want someone to help manage some element of your empire ... I can help.

I would have loved to have gone to war sooner but that whole Mexican standoff with Krill got in the way. I had to wait until I could get all my troops together to make the war overwhelming and fast in case Krill decided to cause problems. To do this I needed to kill wetbandit so I wouldn't need to garrison border troops needlessly on that island. As soon as Krill accepted peace I had a 10 turn window where he couldn't cause problems and that was all I needed.

I PROBABLY could have done it anyway even if he had not offered/accepted peace (I don't remember who initiated now tbh, it was probably him) but once I built up my southern carrier/destroyer force to a size he couldn't effectively counter it was time to take your cities. This is probably why he offered peace or, if I initiated, why he accepted. I think Krill wanted time to tech Rocketry for SAM infantry. Anyway...

You're spoiled so I'll decline the help for now unless I need to go out of town again soon. Realistically, though, I'm not sure what the Lurker Civ knows that I don't that would be relevant to my game unless you've read spoiler threads too. I have visibility over all my neighbors and do fairly extensive scouting every turn. Having said that, now I'll be surprised by a sub attack from under the ice.

At this point I'm running mostly wealth builds so empire management is a little easier. I basically try to prevent accidentally let one of my 106 (?) cities starve via neglect. I have enough troops to deal with one rouge neighbor so I don't want to slow down the space race with unit builds. This makes empire management a little easier. In all likelihood when I get attacked it will be by both Krill and Joey, instigated by Joey. He's more spiteful than Krill, who doesn't seem to care about our spat at all now. This game is beneath his notice now that the blood has cooled some. Joey burns hot forever over everything so I keep expecting him to attack. If I get dog piled by both it is very likely the end of me being able to run enough wealth builds to overtake OH/Fin, who just landed the Internet for +15% research. As it is, I'm just slightly ahead of them and will continue to gain ground bit by bit as infrastructure completes in new conquests. I just don't think I have enough time to catch up but it's close, unless I get attacked. As long as this game has been going, and as much as it galls me to say this, I think I need more time to make this work.

Turn reports to come soon, maybe later today.

Edit: I'm not sure I thanked you for your offer above, but I appreciate it. You're good people! thumbsup

NP ... I'll just lurk your thread so that I can see the game through your rose-colored glasses.

Re spoiled ... I don't see myself as massively spoiled as all I did while playing for the lurkers was move a couple of units around on the map and find new cities.

Anyway - looking forward to more screenshots and BGN-centric views of the world smile.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

If you need help I can govern the one city of mine that you've absorbed. It's galling me to see them starve under your mismanagement. From what I can tell you've managed to lose the city's best infrastructure, particularly the heroic epic that churned out such fine knights awesome cannon fodder in the days of honorable, non-modern combat. Incompetence of the highest order imaginable! rant

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

PB25 spoiler that doesn't give any secrets away...

(June 29th, 2015, 19:22)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(June 29th, 2015, 15:21)GermanJoey Wrote: lmfao at greedy Commodore, his natural map advantages were not enough and now he wants another PBEM64 where his game-long rival gets replaced with a green that's never played a pitboss before. what a fucking guy.

Mack (reddog), Seven, or Borsche? shades

I think this may be a little unfair to Commodore. He may be annoyingly aggressive to play against at times but I don't think he'd cheese things up to get an advantage to win in this game. He paired with dtay and got PRO/Inca in the snake pick. I think he'd be happy with the good fortune he's already received and wouldn't game the replacement process for advantage.

Other than this, I sympathize with your position right now. I also got a chuckle out of your password. I may have given myself a similar reminder for PB18 to not take things super seriously, for all that good that has done me. nope

Quoting here for posterity now. I'm trying to help but I have a feeling that this will end up with Joey invading me just to spike my tires here in PB18 over out of game animus. I hope I'm wrong. shakehead

Actual PB18 updates coming soon.*

*"Soon" to be determined when I have time.

Phew, finally caught up here - you do like your pictures, don't you!?!? plub Just OH/Fin's thread to wade through and then I'll be ready to follow to the denouement!

Some "fun" drama for sure, but nothing like the Cossack stompage ... gotta get me some of that in PB28 for sure! hammer

I also wanted to make sure I let you know that I'd spotted this little city across the bay just after I took over from Cyneheard (which must have been just after I suggested the two park names):

(December 15th, 2014, 16:33)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
It brought me a smile and a tear each time I saw it; good memories. Thanks for that! hatsoff

Yeah, lots of pictures: 2651 and counting in my dropbox folder... yikes

For a while the constant stream of city screenshots was so I could keep my sandbox going. If you have other places you'd like named, I have a score of cities that can be renamed from wetbandit and Ruff conquests. Speaking of conquests, yeah, get to Cossacks and go murder. They had a really long shelf life in PB18 because I got to them early enough against my neighbors to really get stuff done.

(June 30th, 2015, 09:17)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: If you have other places you'd like named, I have a score of cities that can be renamed from wetbandit and Ruff conquests.

I think Ruff's naming convention is fantastic. You should keep those names.

Edit: Meant to post this using my alter-ego.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(June 30th, 2015, 09:30)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(June 30th, 2015, 09:17)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: If you have other places you'd like named, I have a score of cities that can be renamed from wetbandit and Ruff conquests.

I think Ruff's naming convention is fantastic. You should keep those names.

Edit: Meant to post this using my alter-ego.

My alter ego is a rap genius.
I know you're tired of loving, of loving --With nobody to love, nobody, nobody (Uh-huh, honey).

If you say it enough times it still won't be true. [Image: emot-sotw.gif]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 30th, 2015, 10:28)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: If you say it enough times it still won't be true. [Image: emot-sotw.gif]

Don't make me bring Robert Kelly into this.