As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land. But Mostly Mine.

(June 30th, 2015, 15:59)Ruff_Hi Wrote: I would say that is a little more difficult dropping troops of spies (what is the collective term for spies) off if the OBs are closed / gone.

Hmm.. How about this?

Dropping off spies is just as easy, but it is more expensive to complete the mission without the OB discount. I think this is where you were going with your answer and this is one valid reason. Unlike Commodore, pouting in the back of the class, you are rewarded because you didn't insult the professor little better than a novice* player. smug Pick your city! dance

But this is not the ONLY reason.

Does the additive benefit of several reasons outweigh the free commerce Rock (Tortoise) is generating for Scissor (Hare)? This is probably the best question of all.

Edit: Before anyone thinks I meant novice novice, uh, no. Just the general term.

(June 30th, 2015, 16:05)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: ... little better than a novice* player. smug Pick your city! dance

Edit: Before anyone thinks I meant novice novice, uh, no. Just the general term.
I'd say it's arguable.
[Image: Hat%20Creek%20Cattle%20Company.jpg]
And aren't you beating Krovice right now? mischief
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 30th, 2015, 16:05)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(June 30th, 2015, 15:59)Ruff_Hi Wrote: I would say that is a little more difficult dropping troops of spies (what is the collective term for spies) off if the OBs are closed / gone.

Dropping off spies is just as easy, but it is more expensive to complete the mission without the OB discount. I think this is where you were going with your answer and this is one valid reason. Unlike Commodore, pouting in the back of the class, you are rewarded because you didn't insult the professor little better than a novice* player. smug Pick your cities! dance

All ex-American city names remain unchanged. Thanks for your assistance.

Quote:But this is not the ONLY reason.

But that wasn't what I meant ... I meant putting spies on transports and then dropping them off is very difficult if your transport doesn't have OB. You need subs or something that can ignore OBs.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Com, in the end novice had the best of me in that game. He got a border city with knights or some such. Best I got off him was a backline naval raze with a GG. It was exhausting and close though.

This game I AM beating him and Krill but I don't know how much he's been participating. And, apologies to my neighbors this game, but I had a more favorable neighbor draw than PRO dtay. Tough to get ahead of that start. He played a great early game, or else dtay's earliest neighbors did terribly and set him up very well. Possibly a combination of both.

Ruff, not being able to land the boats inside the city is only a 1t delay for deploying spies. The channel between continents is narrow and I have plenty of locations where I can disembark from inside my own culture with the ship into Aztec culture with the spy on land. That just ups the odds of getting caught by that one turn and isn't much of a factor in the OB decision. It's more about the discount on the active mission itself from OB. And that other consideration...

(June 30th, 2015, 14:57)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: How many of you would have cancelled Open Borders by now?

I wouldn't have cancelled open borders. MY WAR DECLARATION WOULD HAVE CANCELLED OPEN BORDERS! hammer

Unless you're afraid of...

Something Old Tourist would hypothetically say if this game had a public diplo thread Wrote:You started this war, plunged The National Park service into chaos. Now the Aztec Empire is going to put you down and restore the peace!

[Image: emot-golfclap.gif]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Lol. I'm not even sure what I just watched. rolf

You must not have played Skyrim before. smile

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I've played both before and after TBS this turn due to the tech problem yesterday. To be fair to him, or if lurkers think it appropriate, can someone ask him to log in and assess whether he needs to make any changes? I may have impacted his CV date by sabotaging one of his +50% modifiers in Elensfar and he can get a 1t jump on repairing the sabotage this turn rather than waiting until next turn.

Thanks!

T254

Quick weekend picture dump report.

I'm pretty behind in the space race, very behind in getting that last GA from Lamar Valley, behind in diplo-skillz making plako understand I need one of his GP, behind getting my army away from Joey in the north and closer to OH/Fin in the east, and behind in making Joey understand that he should just log in and hit the green button and log out so I can do something meaningful to change the outcome of the space race. I've never seen so many 1s on the demos screen feel so hopeless.

Discuss.

Happy birthday America. 911