As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] This Land is Your Land, This Land is My Land. But Mostly Mine.

Why cancel flights two hours before the rain arrives? I think Obama is taking a victory lap on Air Force One and shutting down the airspace. rant

#everythingisalwaysobamasfault

Joey is really going to give his GA to TBS? Really? How is this even ok? I hope he at least sells it and not at some fucking cut rate discount. It's one thing to just sit there and not bother to prevent an opponent from achieving a victory condition but it is entirely something else to help page a road to victory. Front runners and kingmakers. God damn them. If you don't want to play convert to AI just don't give the fucking game away and hose everyone else.

What else has he done for TBS? Can't tech for him directly. Gift gold? Units? I'm guessing very little EP investment so TBS can steal from him? I'll have to check the EP spending. Ugh.

This shit right here.... rant

Devil's Advocate:

Aluminum.

(July 16th, 2015, 19:46)BRickAstley Wrote: Devil's Advocate:

Aluminum.

Refutation of advocacy: Mapmaker's error.

Coal.

Reasonable point. It could still be considered in the same light though.

What about coal?

Mapmaker's error that's also worth thousands of hammers.

What relevance is this to me? I haven't scanned the entire map to see who got screwed out of resources. I noticed OH/Fin lacked a critical resource and were the only relevant civ who would need it for a space race. I don't see how this is related in any way to providing a critical GA when a player is at the cusp of achieving a CV and may have difficulty producing the necessary GA for a bomb. Is this like saying that the map should have given TBS an extra great artist because he needs it to win? Very different thing than a player trying to cover for bad resource allocation.

And what this has to do with someone else not having coal I don't get, nor how this is somehow something that is equivalent to me trying to be sporting by covering up a mapmaker's error. I don't have the context you may have as a lurker so speak plainly. I have enough to worry about managing my own empire. I am sure plenty of civs got hosed on this or that resource.

And assuming that someone got hosed out of a critical strategic resource and I never noticed it, so what? Lurkers have plenty of means of solving problems. Because someone didn't get coal and OH/Fin are getting aluminum by a gracious competitor who doesn't want a win based on mapmaker neglect and lurker apathy (you guys reviewed the map, right?) means that it is ok for yet another competitor to provide the very thing, the extremely valuable, hard to get thing, needed to achieve victory? No. Just no. This is horseshit. Play to win. Where is the line? Can he gift units to kingmake? Has he? There is a line in fair play and this crosses it. Not defending borders is one thing. That can be mutually beneficial. But this? It expedites losing. Yes, that may be desirable for an individual but it fucks the game. When you don't want to play anymore, sod off. Don't throw the game just to get it to end.

Or did you mean something else?