As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Yeah true, but I understand BGN's argument that at this point anything that directly helps a "competitor" win is effectively a gift since the purchase price is essentially worthless in the few remaining turns of the game.

I think we all agree that while some of us (including myself) don't like the general idea of giving an artist to someone going for CV GJ's trade is acceptable ?

Is it against the rules?

(July 18th, 2015, 14:07)ipecac Wrote: Is it against the rules?

There are rules and then there is the 'don't be a douche bag'.

I have no comment on any of the trades in the game.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(July 18th, 2015, 14:11)Ruff_Hi Wrote:
(July 18th, 2015, 14:07)ipecac Wrote: Is it against the rules?

There are rules and then there is the 'don't be a douche bag'.
Right. I'd like to see an objective argument that GJ (and possibly Krill) is being a douchebag before I'd consider try to talk GJ out of it, but I understand that lurkers are prone to acting and posting unilaterally. popcorn

Hmm, if selling Great Artists turns out to be acceptable convention, perhaps CV conditions should be modified to account for such possibility. Competition between Science Victory and Culture Victory is already incredibly tight due to increased tech costs, after all. ... Though I guess same could be said for Science Victory and gifting gpt.

(July 18th, 2015, 15:56)Hesmyrr Wrote: Hmm, if selling Great Artists turns out to be acceptable convention, perhaps CV conditions should be modified to account for such possibility. Competition between Science Victory and Culture Victory is already incredibly tight due to increased tech costs, after all. ... Though I guess same could be said for Science Victory and gifting gpt.
Is that modification "turn CV off in future games"? It feels like no one likes them and the idea of sitting in the corner doing nothing--but then spaceship is essentially the same thing. Do we turn off spaceship then too?

Going back to FinHarry's thread: why is diplo "de-facto" turned off? Isn't that essentially what concession is? If we're going to have situations like this where teams are clearly allied, what's wrong with allowing the vote to occur? Of course, the problem is that only two teams are up for the vote--maybe diplo victory should have all civs available to be voted for?

Assuming the candidates were FinHarry and TBS (the two mostly likely candidates to win the game), what would the diplo vote look like? We have FinHarry+BGN on one side, TBS+GJ+Krill on the other, and some percentage of the remaining population unclear.

(July 18th, 2015, 06:51)Dreylin Wrote: Yeah true, but I understand BGN's argument that at this point anything that directly helps a "competitor" win is effectively a gift since the purchase price is essentially worthless in the few remaining turns of the game.

Which is hypocritical, really, since the same can be said of his intended Prophet purchase.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(July 18th, 2015, 17:47)Qgqqqqq Wrote:
(July 18th, 2015, 06:51)Dreylin Wrote: Yeah true, but I understand BGN's argument that at this point anything that directly helps a "competitor" win is effectively a gift since the purchase price is essentially worthless in the few remaining turns of the game.

Which is hypocritical, really, since the same can be said of his intended Prophet purchase.

Right, but at least he acknowledged that when I brought that up to him.

How about we just don't let players give other players Great Persons. It's analogous to not allowing city trades or gifts.

Comment for future, I don't know what should be done here. Especially since I don't know Krills mind.