As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Wow, a bit earlier than we hoped, but congrats and gg!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Eh? Game over then?

(August 10th, 2015, 13:49)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Eh? Game over then?

Unless you have any tricks left it seems so..
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(August 10th, 2015, 13:50)Fintourist Wrote:
(August 10th, 2015, 13:49)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Eh? Game over then?

Unless you have any tricks left it seems so..

My tricks need more time to develop, so that'll be game.

TBS, GAs hidden on the galley/transport?

OK, a slight step back. Before we go into post-game mode and discuss this epic game I have to raise up an issue.

Do I understand correctly and this is how you TBS got an additional artist?

(July 16th, 2015, 23:08)GermanJoey Wrote: T261.

It took me awhile to figure out what this meant:

I'm usually pretty good at figuring these out, but this one has me stumped for a little while. 1000g + 200gpt seemed, obviously, to be the price he was offering to buy my artist for, but what is with clambake and the dyes? Well, Clambake was the city that spawned the damn thing, which I had forgotten. Well, now its obvious; the dyes are probably meant to signify "theatre" i.e. artist. The offer feels really light considering that this thing should end the game faster... I asked for 225gpt instead.

That trade is directly against the rules:

(February 19th, 2014, 09:21)plako Wrote: * No using trade window to communicate (e.g. using letters or numbers in a way that could be interpreted something else than a real trade offer)

I’m sure it was unintentional and you simply forgot the rules, but while I hate bringing this up I also don’t want to lose a game because of an illegal trade. We have played this game for a year and I think it deserves a proper ending. (even if it would not change the eventual winner)
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

First, I want to say GG to TBS, OH+FT, and BGN - all three of you! It really was an amazing game. There was so much crazy stuff happening in the endgame that it was still interesting to try to figure out what the hell was going even though 90% of my cities were building wealth and I was basically just logging in to press end turn.

Fintourist, I think you have a right to be upset and bitter at the breach of rules... I certainly didn't remember that this game didn't allow diplo-window communication, and neither did any of the lurkers it seemed. (the trade was heavily debated by the lurkers, I'm now discovering, and your point was never brought up once, even by Q or MJW). However, TBS isn't the only one who did this kind of diplo-communique. BGN and I had our scuffle that involved, among other things, a slew of diplo-windows back and forth. I haven't had time to read all of your thread (I've been reading it backwards all morning), but, even if you guys didn't do it at any other point, OH did send a window to Krill on T249 regarding the help he was giving to TBS:

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid546697

In fact, I'd be surprised if any player completely honored this rule 100%. So, I think it's unfair to complain now that the game is over...

Thanks for the kind words GJ - I've really enjoyed fencing with (and being stopped at every turn by) TBS these past fifty turns.

There aren't any cities or gold in that trade window though. It's a legitimate coal-rice trade.

Given that I've read the last couple of pages of TBS's thread I'm not sure the game can carry on. But this does feel like a total kick in the nuts...

Considering GJ your acts...

1. Screw up the early game in PB25
2. Blame the mapmaker
3. Try to revenge the mapmaker by trying to gift the win to his opponent in another game

...you surely know what I think of you, and it's just better that I won't describe it further. Consequently, I don't think your opinion is really relevant here and I much rather wait for TBS's response.

Just in case someone considers GJ's points fair, here are the quick replies:
1. It's not our job (or even possible) to stop GJ, BGN or someone else from breaking the diplo rules. The fact that they broke the rules too does not make TBS's offer OK
2. The fact that lurkers forgot about the communication rule does not make the trade OK
3. The quoted offer is completely valid and it would have been fine for Krill to accept it. Same can't be said of the trade where culture cities are offered.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

OK,

OH noted in chat that I might have overreacted a bit.. rolleye

So here is half of an apology to GJ (sorry). I'm pretty pissed off at you, so the 2nd half will come a bit later.. mischief
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I didn't revenge against the mapmaker by gifting the game to his opponent in another game. I helped TBS because in my mind we were allies for like over a year now, ever since he didn't attack me when I was bogged down with Bacchus's hordes of GG protective muskets and archers on hill chokes and skipped rifling to beeline AL. That was before PB25 ever started. I've said this repeatedly in my thread over the last several months; I *didn't go out of my way to help you* in PB18 because of PB25, but I didn't do anything to hurt you either.

I agree that its not your job to police diplo offers. If anything, its up to the lurkers to catch stuff like this. For example, it was the lurkers who raised the point to throw out Lord Parkin out of PB20 after I posted about his renamed chariot. However, I disagree that your trade with Krill was not diploy just because the offer was accept-able, given that:

a.) coal was exceedingly rare on this map (for example, between TBS+Myself+AT, which encompasses about 130 cities, only one coal existed), so any trade involving Coal is a super big deal. for example, when people complained about the help I was giving TBS in my thread, I brought up the point that simply gifting him coal would have been a far bigger deal than all of the help I gave him combined, as it would have been worth several hundred hammers per turn.
b.) you canceled the coal trade on that turn, and reoffered.. why? certainly wouldn't be interpreted as a misclick.
c.) the trade was coal for rice, and you guys had what, like a dozen rices?
d.) OH even says in the post "Hopefully he gets the message..."

But, like I don't think there's anything wrong with what you did here. I just don't think its fair to complain about TBS doing something similar... you could argue that TBS's message was more sophisticated and thus broke the rules *moreso* but...

You can think whatever you want of me. I'm not trying to cause a fight here (when I'm trying to pick a fight I think its more obvious, I'm not exactly a subtle person when it comes to words lol) and this post here will be the last I speak of it. If anyone else with a less-villainous reputation agrees with my point here, I'll let them make the argument for me.