As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Abusing Spectres to the Maximum - Sheaim Succession Game

Quote: - Ice doesn't destroy +1 commerce next to river, does it?

No, but Temples of the Hand destroy rivers. I think the criteria is any river with ice on both sides goes away. Also, jungles become forests, floodplains are wiped out (but not oasis), and of course all tiles become Ice.

Uhh, what? Are you sure (rivers)?

Sorry, Auroracher, busy for the next few days. I'm counting on being a bit far back in the order for this game.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Yeah, I had never heard of that (rivers) either. Are you sure of that, Mardoc?

(August 15th, 2015, 15:38)Aurorarcher Wrote: - Ice doesn't destroy +1 commerce next to river, does it?

As far as I can remember it does.

And I'd love to play the coming SG, but as Q said 5's the magic number for an SG roster. Maybe we could do parallel games?
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

If you want players for a parallel game, I suppose I could help you on that front, as an additional turn player.

I did a worldbuilder test, and it turns out I was half-wrong.

Before:

After

Looks like rivers stay, but no longer grant +1 commerce. I was right about jungle -> forest, floodplains gone, oasis stays, though. I guess aristograrianism is technically possible, but I still think this calls for a cottage economy. It's going to be hard to build any kind of economy on 2c tiles.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

r yall not starting a new thread?

We haven't started yet. I'm going to start us off later today (roughly in 4-5 hours). I'm fine continuing here or making a new thread, whatever the other players feel the best.

May as well start a new thread for posterity/lurkers.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker