As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 27 IT and Tech Issues Thread

One thing I've found a little strange, is that apart from the Civ4BeyondSword-exe file I've also got a separate Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss-exe. Is this normal or could that cause any problems?
Played in PB27

That's normal. Or at least I have it too and no issues.

It's normal to have the pitboss.exe file, that's the program we use to host the pitboss instances.

HAK is right, you shouldn't have the mod in the other location (under My Documents), that will cause problems. If you can't see the mod after removing it from under My Documents and having it correctly extracted to Mods under \Beyond The Sword make sure the game is closed, then try again.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

And if that still doesn't work, show us an image of the path where you have the mod. It should look something similar to the image I attached. And maybe then do a search of your whole drive to make sure there isn't a duplicate 3.0.0.4 mod folder anywhere else on the computer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also make sure you don't have a second "RtR blah" directory nested inside the first ... that's the one that always catches me out.

(August 21st, 2015, 13:12)HitAnyKey Wrote: And if that still doesn't work, show us an image of the path where you have the mod. It should look something similar to the image I attached. And maybe then do a search of your whole drive to make sure there isn't a duplicate 3.0.0.4 mod folder anywhere else on the computer.
I just got it working.dancing
A massive thanks to everyone that has tried to help me! bow
In the end did a bunch of stuff so not quite sure what did it, but restarting the computer after having deleted the mods in the old location was one thing, finding another place to cram the mod was another, finding a second hosts file that I could change a third etc etc.
Looking forward to this game now! jive
Played in PB27

I'm glad you got it working, taotao. I was about to have to start giving technical advice.

shades

(August 21st, 2015, 14:55)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I'm glad you got it working, taotao. I was about to have to start delegating the task of giving technical advice to my minions.

shades

FTFY

(August 21st, 2015, 14:57)wetbandit Wrote:
(August 21st, 2015, 14:55)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: I'm glad you got it working, taotao. I was about to have to start delegating the task of giving technical advice to my minions.

shades

FTFY

Wetbandit, your correction is how I would go about things if I wanted to actually, you know, get it to work. But Management gives approximately zero fucks when it comes to telling people what to do and having no knowledge of how things ought to be done. smile

Edit: Immediately after making this post I dispatched one of my minions to go do something that I didn't want to do. Classic Management. twirl

Need an admin to peek in my thread re:my start

(August 20th, 2015, 23:22)Krill Wrote: That pic is so shopped. Who the fuck has two optical drives in this day and age?

I don't actually have any, but Windows think I have several.