As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Freezing the World below Absolute Zero - Illians Succession Game

Well, that could have gone better.

On turn 71, I attacked the lizard with one of the unpromoted warriors, to save the combat 1 guy for the killing blow and lair exploration.

[Image: is-70_attack1.jpg]

Unfortunately, he did very little damage to the lizard, so I sent in the other unpromoted guy:

[Image: is-70_attack2.jpg]

He damaged the lizard into the yellow, and the combat one guy won at 89%. He popped the lair, and the results weren't good:

Next turn, my cities were under pretty heavy siege:

The azer killed a warrior in Lakis, then hid under a scorpion. Meanwhile, one of the lizards moved into position to attack the city.

Note the Doviello borders to the south.

I missed some screenshots, but the azer promoted to C2, killed a warrior, promoted to C3 and killed another warrior, then finally died attacking the last defender in Lakis.

Fast forward to my last turn: I've put four turns into a plantation, but a lizardman chased the workers away.

Edit: also, Orthus spawned somewhere.

Forgot to attach the save:

Attached Files
.zip   Mrs Freeze AD-0080.zip (Size: 234.82 KB / Downloads: 2)

Gargoyles can't spawn for the first X turns, which I believe is 20. I've also lost the game to them before, so I'm pretty sure they can kill cities.

Ah that's a sucky roll. Still, I thought for a second we were going to lose city 2, so there's that.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Ouch, well now that was an annoying result from the lair! Looks like we managed to survive without any critical losses. Losing 125h worth units sucks but at least Lakis held.

No copper in sight I assume?

(August 23rd, 2015, 14:51)Aurorarcher Wrote: No copper in sight I assume?

Correct.

Ouch. That certainly could have gone better.

On the other hand, good job on the defense! Glad we didn't lose anything too critical. And hey, now we have a guard of scorpions to the south to get in Mahala's way if she wants to invade wink.

Despite how that went...as soon as we rebuild our army I think we should probably try again. That result was just about the worst possible, I believe - and we survived it. The case for clearing the lair out of the way still holds, plus maybe next time we get luckier.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(BTW, remember to work the corn when building the worker.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(August 23rd, 2015, 20:08)Qgqqqqq Wrote: (BTW, remember to work the corn when building the worker.)

Yes, that would have been a good idea. I plead distraction.

Oh no, I totally get that, it was for the next player smile

T90 save

Ok, so I cleaned up the barbs in our borders, letting a lizard suicide and then attacking out to get good XP from a skelly and warrior. But the real interesting goings on were outside of our borders.

Yikes, that's close. we're going to be a bit cramped in that direction. also FotL FIADL.

This had me worried for a minute, but no wolves in sight by the end of T90, so we should be ok.

Once I had a good stack of warriors, I dangled them on a hill to bait the gargoyle. 2 warriors down, but got 6 xp. Heal and reposition warriors, then pop the lair? Or we can wait. 3rd city is coming soon, and once it's in our borders it's trivial to garrison the lair.

Finishing that mine will speed the settler by a turn. Unfortunately, building the other two plantations will add another unhealthy, but I think it's worth it.

Turning into a nice little warrior pump.