As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 27 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Generally I don't have. I made few turns with other players around. It's probably first time, when this problem appears, but mostly, I'm waiting when I see other player inside.

PS Thanks for a reload.

TheWannabe, I see that your normal play times are usually after 12pm EST. Seeing as how the turn is set to roll in 2hrs (around 12:30pm EST), will you be making it in 2hrs for playing your turn?

Hi, I'm supposed to cover a turn of Tsargon's while he's out of town. But no matter what I try, I get a generic runtime error crash whenever I try to connect to the PB server. I've uninstalled civ4 on steam (and deleted the folder for any remaining detritus) and reinstalled, tried both using the steam beta and the alternate exe thing to direct connect, have RtR 3004 and it's in the correct mods folder in \steam\civ4bts\bts\mods. I've tried deleting all the incidental civ4 stuff kept in my documents on windows, and checked that there's nothing in appdata. With a fresh BTS install and RtR 3004 loaded, it crashes every time. There's another PB game he's in where its not earlygame and there's a whole bunch of shit needs doing, with ~18 hours on the turn timer, so any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Make sure that when you extracted the mod package into the Mods folder you don't end up with two nested directories called RtR Mod. If you have two directories named the same you'll need to cut the second level and paste it over the first one.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(September 23rd, 2015, 05:44)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Make sure that when you extracted the mod package into the Mods folder you don't end up with two nested directories called RtR Mod. If you have two directories named the same you'll need to cut the second level and paste it over the first one.
Fucking hell, GermanJoey and I spent like an hour and half trying to troubleshoot this and concluded on a note of surrender and "It's got to be something really simple" lol. Thanks a lot man! Real help.

Resolved

hatsoff

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

So what was the "really simple" thing that was wrong? smile

(September 23rd, 2015, 13:46)HitAnyKey Wrote: So what was the "really simple" thing that was wrong? smile
What Xenu said, I didn't think to look in the mod rar and check the subfolder business. There was some further trouble because then there was extra shit in the mod directory because of that first unzipping that shouldn't have been in there, so it threw a thing about the save being protected and the mod content and kept CTD'ing immediately after it loaded. After 4 or 5 tries I finally managed to screencap that error message and from there it was pretty obvious how to fix it (remove any extra junk from mod folder i.e. delete and unzip again properly). All in and good to go, thanks for the help guys! May this prove edifying for future noobs searching for technical solutions.

I connect, I select my civ as normal, I enter password. I download game files.

However game crashes at "initializing", 3 times now.
I was able to start a normal SP game, so not sure what problem is.

Anyway, requested someone log in and move a unit or two this turn.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Looks like the game probably needs a restart or something. I noticed Borsche seemed to have a similar problem so I also just tried to connect just now. Same issue for me, that it crashes to desktop just as it's about to start the game. So can one of the admins please restart the game?

I have PM'd Xenu, Grimace, & Caledorn.