As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Freezing the World below Absolute Zero - Illians Succession Game

Yes, we will do that Mardoc. I finished the rest of 5 turns and I have one settler on its way to settle a new city. We now also have HBR. Here's a sort of report:

So sheelba came with a pretty big stack towards Sopor where I didn't have that many units because most of them were in the west.

Anyway I had one adept (!) to use slow alright. So Sheelba had the chance to attack and...

Nice, there's green text. I guess we won, right? Time to check combat log.

So only one loss. jive

I wasn't able to finish the stack. It has still too many very well promoted healthy units roaming around. The next player should take care of them, with enough slow + summons + iron (enchanted) axes they'll eventually die. But there's also a lot units in west waiting for an attack (see below picture).

There's also some assassins around there so better be careful with our mages! I promoted our hero mage along combat line + Ice II, and also added twincast + combat I for summoned units. Now it can summon two 2 moving ice elementals with effective strenght of 8.5 (and a lot more if attacking to tundra/ice tile) per turn. In the north I changed plans and am finshing metamagic node instead of death. We don't need spectres really if we fight on our own terrain as it seems now for a while. Spectres become more useful when we'll have more nodes to turn into death. Metamagic should give us a warning when Sheelba is pushing his stack through Acheron's land and helpful to scout in general as well.

Here's an interesting stuff from T264:

Falamar just declared war on Thessa. Should we join the party? We're pretty buse with Sheelba atm so I don't think it would be too smart. Thessa also used his WS, so for a while she'll stay alive but eventually it's not going to end well for her.

Our military:

Currently only 3 mages but we have couple adepts ready to be upgraded.

Teching set on finishing Taxiation, feel free to switch up if anyone wants to do something else.

Save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4hp12k1lfwtx7...dSave?dl=0

(October 2nd, 2015, 16:34)Aurorarcher Wrote: am finshing metamagic node instead of death. We don't need spectres really if we fight on our own terrain as it seems now for a while. Spectres become more useful when we'll have more nodes to turn into death. Metamagic should give us a warning when Sheelba is pushing his stack through Acheron's land and helpful to scout in general as well.

Heh - I didn't want Death for spectres, I wanted it for skeletons. I guess you and Qgqqq have stabilized our situation well enough that skeletons would be unnecessary, though.

As soon as we have a spare mage to take Dispel and stay away from the front, we can start flipping around the nodes to grab a variety of spells.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Yeah. Skeletons could be useful if Sheelba sent a really big stack (say 100 units) but that hasn't happened yet. Looks like the AI is even worse at handling their units when they've to deal with two or more wars at the same time.

Hmm. If Thessa starts falling down, we definitely want to try and nab a few cities. I agree with focusing on defense, though, and it'll probably take Falamar a while to swing round.

Alternatively, we could use the buffer of Thessa to take out Mahala. If not for Sheelba, I'd probably go for this, but as is we just can't afford to defend against both of them.

Speaking of which, it might be worth checking Sheelba in case she's prepared to take a peace deal over the next session. FFH AI seems to have a pretty high requirement, but worth checking.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Can't attack Mahala unless she somehow makes her empire a free state again.

I have the save, I'll try to play this weekend.

In discussing Mahala, I was discussing declaring war on Falamar to do so - that's who I meant defend against.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Oh, well then sure if we can make peace with Sheelba that could be worth doing.

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten about this, but I think I need a long uninterrupted block of time to play it and it's been a busy week.

(October 7th, 2015, 17:59)DaveV Wrote: need a long uninterrupted block of time to play it

Just because we're in the middle of probably the most important war of the game, where we need to find a way to kill hundreds of equal-tech or better units using only dozens?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker