As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Freezing the World below Absolute Zero - Illians Succession Game

Yeah, I marked quickly some signs for future cities without thinking a lot, so feel free to change them. I started one settler during my set, it should be ready in 1-2 turns.

For future, I think we need to start keeping cities if there's even a small chance we can hold them. Why? Because even during my set Basium got a lot free units thanks to city razing, of course most of Lanun's cities are awesome with tons of buildings. Also, we cannot eliminate Basium pre Drifa. Not that we could necessarily do it right now but with snowfall in 2t, it'll be easy to destroy any enemy stack.

I'll play this weekend. A quick look makes it seem as though Basium is going to flop down a city in the newly-cleared land. I hate that guy.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. He has only one Angel guarding settler though so that's not much of an issue... just kill the angel and the settler.

(November 12th, 2015, 13:59)Aurorarcher Wrote: Yeah, I forgot to mention that. He has only one Angel guarding settler though so that's not much of an issue... just kill the angel and the settler.

Or, perhaps, view it as a golden opportunity to try out my snowfall casters on his capital Commissar?

Oh, didn't even think of that... that's actually pretty sneaky idea - and a fun one, too. Looking forward to your set! popcorn

(November 12th, 2015, 12:54)DaveV Wrote: I'll play this weekend. A quick look makes it seem as though Basium is going to flop down a city in the newly-cleared land. I hate that guy.

Note that I didn't say I'd *finish* on the weekend neenerneener. My progress is slow, but I've played three turns so far. If Mardoc would like to jump in, I can pass the save along; otherwise, I expect to finish nine turns toward the end of the week.

(November 17th, 2015, 08:33)DaveV Wrote: If Mardoc would like to jump in, I can pass the save along; otherwise, I expect to finish nine turns toward the end of the week.

Actually Jalepeno is up next, I'm only directly after you in the PBEM. neenerneener

I'm personally in no hurry. It'd be nice if the turn could make it to me by Monday or Tuesday since I'll be travelling for the holiday from the 25th-29th. I can steal enough time from family to keep the PBEM moving along, but this one takes a bit too much for that to be reasonable.

But it looks like 'toward the end of the week' to Jalepeno will work out pretty well for to me by Tuesday. If it doesn't, I'll just swap with Qgqqqq or something.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

After multiple hours of spamming AoE spells and summons, I managed to take a big bite out of Falamar, snagging most of his wonders (and Basium's, too). A map overview:

Basium sent a very well promoted angel of death (probably generated by the death of the Basium unit) into Falamar's former lands. Note that the Mercurians no longer have Raiders, which was a big reason why I wanted to kill the Basium unit.

Several notes:

1) I promoted an axeman to Guardsman to protect from assassins. Falamar and Sheelba both have a couple, in addition to Basium's stupid invisible ones. He's with the stack by Innsmouth.
2) The economy is percolating along pretty nicely, thanks to some good internal trade routes. Harbors are huge.
3) Sheelba has a lot of units wandering around near Acheron's city, but they seem to be having pathfinding problems or something; very few of them actually reached my borders.
4) Mahala is being very obnoxious with culture. She sent out a small raiding party a couple turns ago that I killed easily.
5) I was hoping Varn would kill off Basium, but he can't get his act together. I even tried to Maelstrom Basium's city (Varn moves after us and before Basium), but that didn't precipitate any movement from Varn.
6) Falamar still has very high power, but I haven't seen much of it. I've killed a lot of priests of leaves, so his tiger stack should be a little bit smaller. I'm moving some hunters through Varn's land just in case.
7) The Holy Child event occurred early in my set, driving the AC below 70, but Hyborem was summoned and it's rising back up again.

Attached Files
.zip   Ms Freeze AD-0340.zip (Size: 758.8 KB / Downloads: 3)

Looks good. Glad to see the tech finally moving briskly! And I'm very glad to see you managed to keep Falamar's Power pruned back smile.

I noticed a couple handy-dandy possibilities when I opened the save:

Jalepeno's call if he wants to go for these or continue the violence, of course.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I reckon we should call it a day. I'd rather that there still be some life in this game when Auric is summoned, and at the current rate that isn't going to be the case.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.