As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Freezing the World below Absolute Zero - Illians Succession Game

Only made it through 5 turns...must be losing my stamina for long war turns! I took a few more morsel-size chunks out of Falamar and made peace with Sheelba.

Sheelba was willing to give us plenty for peace; even opened borders right away! She's got a massive stack heading towards Mahala through our territory, so that thorn in our side might be replaced with another shortly.

I've got a small stack of adepts heading out to our Sheelba peace offering. Plan is to capture the barb city, which will hopefully give us a trade connection with the rest of our empire (noidea ), bringing fur into the fold.

I decided Varn needed more help than Maelstorm, so I upgraded another snowfall archmage (I also stupidly upgraded a death archmage, forgetting that malevolent designs is needed for lichdom banghead feel free to delete if you want a better 4th archmage!). Anyways, Varn finally got the hint and finished Basium off.

I didn't know what this did...

...apparently it sticks Hyborem champions on hellfire everywhere in our lands. I had to rush some mercs in places (probably should have drafted instead...); I think I caught all the spots in danger, but the next player might want to double check.

I found Falamar's power. He's still not using it. rolleye

I fired up the summer palace in Innsmouth, and the National Epic in elves' old capital (?). I'm thinking we might want to grab Crown of Ahkrein and some other wonders if we can.

*Edit: save attached....
.zip   Ms Freeze AD-0345.zip (Size: 776.78 KB / Downloads: 2)

I ought to be able to play later this week. Or else, Q, you have a vested interest in keeping my plate clear at the moment, want to swap turnsets and grab this one?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sure smile

I'll get to it tonight.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Played 5t.

Took several cities, and then parleyed two to Falamar for peace. We now have a pretty good border, which we should be able to hold till the Ascension. We could have kept going, and probably ended him, but I kinda want to have a good resistance to fight back with Auric - the theme of this game, to me, is more about playing around with the Illian uber-evil toys than it is grinding with mages, and I was a bit disappointed with some of the tactics that have been employed to get around the one-kill-per-ritual condition. To my mind that means one conquest, rather than just leaving them on one-city ministates.

Saying that, helped Mahala die to Clan by providing collateral.

Lost our last PoW on a stupid, unnecessary, 95% attack. duh

Signing peace lost us some hammers in Pillar of Chains city, which messed up plans.

Queued a ton of Temples of the Hand. Need to remember that one, guys.

Started dispelling/building nodes ready for a ToD (which should target Divine Essence, whilst we research Omnescience). That should be buildable in 2-3t.

We look to be in a good position, though we're still maybe 40t off Auric. Considering we probably won't be fighting much till then, I think we should go back to 10t sets.

Save:

Attached Files
.zip   AutoSave_AD-0350.zip (Size: 799.3 KB / Downloads: 2)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Thanks for playing the role of conscience Q! smile ...and taking care of all those details like node switching. Mardoc, you up, or shall we skip your set this round? I know you've got a lot on your plate.

Yeah, it probably makes more sense to just skip me for the round. I thought I'd have time to get it but I haven't even managed to open the save yet. I bet it can come back to me by the time I'm ready for another turnset, especially since we're basically at peace now.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

So that's my turn then or... ?

sounds right to me. go for it.

bump

Woops. I'll try to play it this weekend.