As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

greenline gets rushed and eliminated on turn whatever: Huyana Capac of Mali

turn 19: both workers working on cottaging a fp.

[Image: pbem74-25.jpg]

so close to being irrigated. This area is so barren compared to the other places i've seen so far it feels like i'm meant to settle south and east.

turn 20: capital finished another warrior (he'll fort in the capital for now), started settler due in 5t. 1 FP cottage finished, sent one worker to start working on the next one. BW still due in 3t for now.

the shape of the world so far seems interesting. it looks like there's more land to the west, but it's also of lower quality.

turn 21: met picklepiclkl's scout

[Image: pbem74-27.jpg]

from the position it's in it looks like it came from that little land bridge to the southeast.

also, check out this gem of a city location

[Image: pbem74-28.jpg]

since i just met another player, I figured it would be a good time for a demographics screenshot:

I'm no demographics wizard but there are a couple things I can glean from this:

1. Only 1 person has settled a second city. I could have checked if it was picklepickl but I was too lazy.

2. Someone either built a ton of cottages early on, is working a bunch of riverside spices or a similar resource, or is just getting a huge known tech bonus for that top GNP figure.

3. I'm tops in crop yield... for the next five seconds

4. I'm the lowest approval rate, so I'm probably the one with a highest sized capital at the moment, or tied for it.

turn 22: I checked and found out that picklepickl doesn't have a second city yet. my guess would be jowy who got that honor. pickle's scout is just moving along past my cap to the south. workers finished second fp cottage, one moved into the forest nw of the cap to start chopping next turn, which is also when BW comes in. i love it when a plan comes together

[Image: pbem74-30.jpg]

grr that fish doesn't let me settle a super land city that gets both gems.

(April 18th, 2016, 13:10)greenline Wrote: turn 22: I checked and found out that picklepickl doesn't have a second city yet. my guess would be jowy who got that honor. pickle's scout is just moving along past my cap to the south. workers finished second fp cottage, one moved into the forest nw of the cap to start chopping next turn, which is also when BW comes in. i love it when a plan comes together

[Image: pbem74-30.jpg]

grr that fish doesn't let me settle a super land city that gets both gems.

Evil aren't I?

dude you're really killing my planned ironworks/heroic epic/west pointagon city 200 turns from now. i mean tell me how this is even supposed to work

[Image: pbem74_2j.png]
[Image: pbem74_3j.png]

turn 23: finished BW, selected AH. wherza copper??

[Image: pbem74-31.jpg]

not bad, I can get it in the 2nd ring borders of my second city. Also jowy founded buddhism and wasted an early turn revolting for some reason. bragging rights maybe???

updated dotmap: NE

[Image: pbem74-32.jpg]

red dot: second city that will focus on using food to push out workers and trading grass river cottages with the capital. Later on with a lighthouse it can use the fish+crabs+pigs and borrow the deer to make a pretty awesome NE/globe city too. and it even gets copper!

grey dot: fillerish city that shares the crabs gets the ivory, then later the fish. settle it when I need happiness.

blue dot: another strong city with copper, crabs, dry grass wheat (not shown, 1S of where the dot is), and later sheep and two grass wines. probably settle it third

orange dot: supercity with tons of stuff. settle this once I can defend it well assuming its nearby other players. a couple skirms on that hill won't be easy to dislodge

the SE:

[Image: pbem74-33.jpg]

yellow: fish, double gold, not much else. settle when I want the gold.

pink: double cows, crab, and even banana. definite 4th city. gets a lot of nice cottage land too.

purple: grabs the extra wheat and copper, and shares cottages until the other better cities take all of them later on and leave this with only a few unique tiles. still wheat is worth settling a filler city like this for.

I may adjust yellow and grey if I can find a way to squeeze in another city that gets the crab/fur in that area.

turn 24: finished chopping forest NE of capital. settler done next turn. nothing else to report. zzz

have some nice music instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyEDjBDl7bM

turn 25: settler is finally done! slowest quick speed opening ever i bet. capital set to build a worker due in 2t

[Image: pbem74-34.jpg]

I had the option of revolting to slavery either this turn or next turn since it would take two turns either way to settle city number 2. I chose to wait a bit because maybe overflow might be weird with the forest chop or something

set my two workers to cottage the tile they're standing on. that lets the capital have four improved tiles while loaning the deer for city number 2. i might do a bit of roading too while waiting for AH to come in (due in 3t including the revolt turn)

micro plan for the capital in the future: it'll build the 2t worker, then 1pop whip another worker, regrow to size 4 while building a warrior, then start another settler that will be finished with the aid of chops

city #2: it'll grow to size two and start a worker working the deer and pigs

turn 26: revolted to slavery. new city will be founded next turn. put a turn of roading in after cottage was finished. zzz