As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Races, Units, Buildings

That toke an awful lot of power I presume. I am doing quite alright for myself on this nomad game, using the build i already mentioned. Some rough spots, but I already killed one death mage and banished another one (he's already back though, but I did destroy his capital, so I guess I at least stalled him a bit). Had some good luck with heroes as well, getting a sage and healer (stationed at the capital at the moment, but I might send them out soon), the X dude (sageish), the beastmaster (take just a few turns to raise my units all the way to champions), and the ninja (leadership, what is there not to like?). Man, I should try to do something revolving entirely around heroes one day.

Yeah basic concept is settle like mad, tax like mad, pour all power into skill, get all your research from research buildings in lots of cities, and convert a huge amount of gold into mana. By the end of the game I was converting literally thousands of gold into mana per turn (I think it was around 1400 mana per turn that I needed, most from maintenance and then my full skill on top of that).

The biggest risk is overextending at the start before you have enough halberdiers. I got lucky with a medium large continent to myself.

Is 3 ai wizard's on myrran too many? Seems like perhaps when you added +1 you kept a chance for another random +1 on top of that? Hadriex's game has 3 Myrran ai's is that intended? If it is intended should Myrran cost 1 pick instead of 2? (If you no longer get any advantage of facing less opponents at all?) I think with 2 enemy AI on Myrran a price of 2 retort's still makes sense, but I am less sure of if that's the right price when you face 3 wizards on either plane?

(September 2nd, 2016, 02:54)namad Wrote: Is 3 ai wizard's on myrran too many? Seems like perhaps when you added +1 you kept a chance for another random +1 on top of that? Hadriex's game has 3 Myrran ai's is that intended? If it is intended should Myrran cost 1 pick instead of 2? (If you no longer get any advantage of facing less opponents at all?) I think with 2 enemy AI on Myrran a price of 2 retort's still makes sense, but I am less sure of if that's the right price when you face 3 wizards on either plane?

As far as I remember he had 2 Myrran wizards (Flandre and Seravy) and 2 Arcanus (Tenshi and Byakuren). Oh Bykauren was Myrran too...well I'd say there is like 10% chance for that. The condition is, Myrran Wizards>=2 and <=3. But no wizard has Myrran by default for the AI, so it has to randomly pick it out of the 19 retorts and 5 books.
Same is true even for an Arcanus start, but then it's >=1 and <=3 instead. Since 2 are not guaranteed that makes the chance here for 3 even less, probably below 1%.

My game apparently froze when Sss'ra was casting a spell (by the sound of it was Just Cause). If it persists, I will upload the save.

Edit: Second attempt went fine.

(September 2nd, 2016, 16:02)RodriguesCIA Wrote: My game apparently froze when Sss'ra was casting a spell (by the sound of it was Just Cause). If it persists, I will upload the save.

Edit: Second attempt went fine.

Please report bugs that have nothing to do with races and units in the appropriate thread : http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...51&page=76

I kinda like using nomads, as they make a lot of gold pretty quick, and their units are okay, but I am having a bit of issue with griffins. In my hands, they feel quite a bit underwhelming. Yes, they do pretty much everything what light cav does, and do it flying, while probably having slightly better than average stats. But as for my melee group, they feel quite underwhelming in comparison to the pikemen. Am I meant to use them as some sort of strike force, apart from the main army, rather than as a melee line to protect my mages and deliver the killing blows?

I am talking from a Life strategy, of course. Buffing to hell and back.

Griffins are great scouts and a team of them can make attacks on cities in a coordinated manner from off the coast.
If you're guarding magicians though you could just use something with more figures instead, I like to great a mobile flying army though to capitalize on worldmap positioning.
If you're trying to eat enemy magicians though the high movement can be good, and since they're flying enemy pikemen don't concern them at all.

Hadriex's recent game made be think about Doom Drakes again.
All races need a Fantastic Stables for their flying cavalry type units. Draconians don't. That's weird.
Considering Paladins also require two high end buildings (cathedral and armorer's guild), I don't see a reason why Doom Drakes can't require both an Armorer's Guild and a Fantastic Stables? They might not be as powerful as Paladins but they're pretty close. Or maybe just require the Fantastic Stables and Fighter's Guild? That would leave the Armorer's Guild useless though.
I guess I'm playing Draconians next...

Yeah 3 doom drakes beat two demon lords in strategic combat. I really have to do my strategic combat numbers testing, because certain realms get really hammered by it (death and sorcery).