As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(October 24th, 2016, 23:20)SevenSpirits Wrote: Can anyone explain to me how traders and trade routes work?

I ask because I like having roads between my cities. frown

Offtopic (since Magil already answered your question ) ) but as a note, roads in Civ6 are not very worthwhile. They give no movement bonus until industrial era, just make every tile require 1 movement point to move into. Modern era roads (0.5 movement points per tile) are equivalent to ancient era roads in 4 and 5

it depends, they are not much value across plains, but across jungle hills and river crossings they are very worthwhile

@El Grillo: It's possible to rebase traders so that they give their benefits to a different city than the one in which they were built? How?
Civ 6 SP: Adventure One 
Civ 4 MP: PBEM74B [3/4] PBEM74D [3/4]
-Dedlurker: PB34

Check the buttons above the unit icon in the bottom right corner. One of them is "move to another city"

Well, I just finished (as in, abandoned before finishing the spaceship) another Emperor game, and once again the AI didn't declare war on me once, even in the ancient era. I don't make unprovoked attacks if I have enough room, and it seems that if you don't rack up the warmonger penalties, the AI is very passive. I haven't played against Tomyris or Gorgo yet, though.

Considering I had war declared on me 7 times in the adventure (not counting fake "joint wars"), I wonder what's going on. Feels like there's some kind of switch in the code which blocks AI's aggression in some (perhaps most) games. But if that switch doesn't trigger, AI can be very aggresive

Another note about traders: It seems like the pattern is a trader unit, when set on a trade route, will go to the selected city and back at a pace of 1 tile per turn. Then once the unit returns, his destination selection activity will pop up again. So the closer the destination, the more often you get to/have to set his destination.

This feels like something you could make a UI change to make less tedious: If you always want a trader to go from London to Rome in perpetuum, you should be able to click a checkbox on the destination selection screen. That way the trader never requires your micromanagement again, unless you click on them on the map and manually stop the pattern.

(October 25th, 2016, 09:08)BRickAstley Wrote: This feels like something you could make a UI change to make less tedious: If you always want a trader to go from London to Rome in perpetuum, you should be able to click a checkbox on the destination selection screen. That way the trader never requires your micromanagement again, unless you click on them on the map and manually stop the pattern.

Which is what they had in BE. So I wonder why they removed that.

Just watched Sulllas videos. He is feeling the frustration already smile Well, the AI, UI and some other elements need serious rework. 1upt would need it too

(October 25th, 2016, 03:07)Lord Parkin Wrote:
(October 25th, 2016, 02:51)Magil Wrote: Yeah I've been trying to avoid the exploits like chopping across the world and deleting 1-charge builders, those are things that are certainly going to need to be fixed.

Likewise... I'm aware these things exist in the present version, but it's no fun taking advantage of them so I'm playing as if they didn't.

I imagine that these would be addressed in the Honourable ruleset, if they don't get patched out.