As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

A few random pics

Civ6 AI knows how to beeling, but this may be overdoing it?

Late game on immortal, the great persons screen looks bare. This one is from T323, but it's been like this from around T300. Everyone's taken, apart from great generals. Poor great generals. Not sure if the game running out of GPs is intended, even on higher difficulties...

This happened 3 times during the game: two up-to-date barb units spawned inside Hong Kong territory. The game did not give any notifications or explanation. I've been the suzerain of Hong Kong most of the game, surely I should know what's happening to it and why?

It's a rebellion because Hong kong doesn't have enough amenities

(October 29th, 2016, 13:01)E_T Wrote:
(October 23rd, 2016, 11:52)AdrienIer Wrote: Unlike civ 5 it has the potential for greatness. Things cost so much in the late game compared to your production output that I started getting a civ 5 feeling of "I'm not doing anything I'm just looking at the numbers add up" but if prod costs were lower it would be different.

How are you utilizing your industrial zones?  You can have IZ's from multiple cities boosting your cities production output...

I admit that that was after playing my first game in the adventure. With a few more games under the belt I don't feel that way any more, and it's probably because I use my IZs better

(October 29th, 2016, 13:45)AdrienIer Wrote: It's a rebellion because Hong kong doesn't have enough amenities

Interesting.  Anyone know how rebellion spawns work?

I dug up some info on rebellion odds:

A new size 1 city can build 1 district and requires 1 housing and 0 amenities and has 0 rebellion points.
Every 3 additional pop allows 1 more district to be built.
Every 2 additional pop requires 1 more amenity.
Every 1 additional pop requires 1 more housing

At +3 or more amenities, 20% growth increase and 10% yield increase and -1 rebellion points
At +1 or more amenities, 10% growth increase and a 5% yield increase and -1 rebellion points
At 0 amenities, no growth modifiers, no yield modifier, and -1 rebellion points
At -1 or fewer amenities, 15% growth penalty and a 5% yield penalty and -1 rebellion points
At -3 or fewer amenities, 30% growth penalty and 10% yield penalty and 0 rebellion points
At -5 or fewer amenities, 100% growth penalty and 30% yield penalty and 1 rebellion point
At -7 or fewer amenities, 100% growth penalty and 60% yield penalty and 4 rebellion points

Each rebellion point adds a 2% chance of rebellion per turn and has a 20 turn cooldown

When a city has 2 or more housing than required no modifiers are applied.
At +1 housing, a 50% growth penalty
At 0 to -4 housing, a 75% growth penalty
At -5 hosing, a 100% growth penalty

Sure, but wouldn't it make sense if the game game a notification on the lines of "barbarian uprising in xxx"? Gods know it spawns a lot of useless notification, can't it spawn some useful ones?

Piopiotahi: "But as I headed into the heart of New Zealand's fiordland that same child-like feeling, long lost, of pure unadulterated awe came rushing back. I knew the road to Milford Sound was good - but this good?" - Darroch Donald

Torres del Paine: "Several closely situated granite peaks resembling tiger's teeth dramatically soar about a kilometer into the sky" - Howard Hillman

Tsingy De Bemaraha: "Tsingy is a 250-square-mile tiger trap made up on massive obelisks riddled with jagged spears. And yes, they will cut your pretty face." - Budd Erickson

Some of these quotes that they dug out of travel blogs are pretty uninspired. Is there some way to disable the natural wonder videos? They don't even play correctly in strategic map mode but still make you click the close button.

(October 28th, 2016, 14:23)Mr. Cairo Wrote: I've found holy sites to be useful regardless of intended victory. They're among the earliest available, their buildings are relatively cheap, and even without a religion of your own, having lots of faith can be very useful. Buying great people out from under the AI, emergency buying of walls, and it can be used to buy buildings for other districts. Although my experience is with Egypt, who have another source of faith with their Sphinxs
players in Theocracy can buy land units with faith.
me on civfanatics.com
An ideal strategy game would tone down efficiency challenges, while promoting choices and conflicts
No gods or kings. Only Man.

Once another city has taken a slice of land into its borders, is there any way to culture flip it back into your territory except by conquering the city? And if not, once you become suzerain of a city state can you assign your citizens into their tiles if the spaces would overlap?

Well, tundra starts are still a thing

[Image: 8AC4F122CBD5CDA402DAB8DDF559533961D61458]

You know what?  I'm actually glad  lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I found my first actually wrong Civilopedia entry:
[Image: 2F05B7058E89ACFFDAFF85280143B05AD5AB8D0B]

Are delegations less money on smaller maps or quicker game speeds?  Everything else keys off of standard game speed, so I question the wisdom of listing this as one of those even if it is the case.