As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

yuris125
[quote pid='614545' dateline='1477764930']
(October 29th, 2016, 11:57)E_T Wrote: Did you see the hidden picture in Gandhi's diplo page?

What hidden picture? smile
[/quote]

The one in this picture...

(October 30th, 2016, 14:26)Ranamar Wrote: I found my first actually wrong Civilopedia entry:

There was an error in the very first civilopedia entry I looked at, in the first minute of gameplay. At least, I assume it's wrong. Would be pretty silly if it's telling the truth. (I assume they mean 25%.)

[Image: uivNMLs.png]

(October 30th, 2016, 14:27)E_T Wrote: The one in this picture...

It's not very secret - it's Gandhi's standard message thanking the player for following the peacekeeper agenda smile agree it's appropriate though

(October 30th, 2016, 14:47)SevenSpirits Wrote:
(October 30th, 2016, 14:26)Ranamar Wrote: I found my first actually wrong Civilopedia entry:

There was an error in the very first civilopedia entry I looked at, in the first minute of gameplay. At least, I assume it's wrong. Would be pretty silly if it's telling the truth. (I assume they mean 25%.)

I find it shocking how badly Civilopedia degraded since 4

Quote:I find it shocking how badly Civilopedia degraded since 4

Well, if you extend that to how badly the game civilization degraded since 4, you are about right.

Civ6 poses absolutely no challenge without an AI. One of those games, where I have the feeling it's like playing simcity or something. This is supposed to be civilization, mind you.

Well I've finished my game and I've been avoiding this thread to avoid spoilers. You can see how I feel about Civ6 there. My reactions to the thread:

I got Soren to bite? lol  Don't have anything to add to what T-Hawk said though.

Civ4 at launch had the Infinite Anarchy feature at launch which was about as bad as Civ6's unit disbands. They are just both ways to cheat the system that will be patched. I should mention that Infinite Anarchy is probably the best way to so how oppressive the city maintenance system truly is.

You can stop "backdoor religious" victory by merely keeping all the cities that don't have the religion that is a threat and razing the ones that do.

And that's it. smile

Dp101 and I tested MP tonight. Here's a summary of what we've found (I hope I haven't forgotten anything).

This game was held on online speed. This speed is super fast. At one point I realized that I could 2 turn any military units except cats (which took 4 turns). That was because I was friends with Preslav (a military CS) which gave me +2 hammers for units in my cap and +4 in my second city which had an encampment. But when your units cost so little prod to make +2 is a huge bonus. So the fact that bonuses are fixed when costs change makes some things a lot better (and others a lot worse) than in normal speeds.
Secondly, there was a bug when I declared war on Dp : I aquired the bonus for defensive tactics, when I was the one who had declared war. Maybe it's because Stockholm (Dp was their suzerain) declared war on me.
Third, we realized that in the world ranking when you hover over the leaderheads you can see their actual stats in this particular area. So in the science victory part, if you hover over your opponent you can see the number of techs he researched and his exact research rate. Same for culture in the culture victory part, for military strength in the domination part and number of cities converted in the religious victory part of the screen. That's a lot more precise than the demographics screen.
Fourth, the "dynamic turns" that make you play simultaneous turns until you enter a war against a human (where you play one after the other) only makes you stop playing simultaneously on the turn after the declaration of war. So when I declared war on Dp strange things happened, where he tried to attack one of my units with an archer right when that unit moved. Conclusion : this game mode isn't perfect. Also I'm not sure how the game chooses who plays first on the next turn.

This session made me realized that online speed is for people who want to play a game of civ 6 for a few hours (we finished our game in about 1.5h, but even if I hadn't gone all in on military games shouldn't last more than 4h I think). The RB style games where more thought is put in every move will not go well with this speed.

(October 30th, 2016, 15:56)Singaboy Wrote: Well, if you extend that to how badly the game civilization degraded since 4, you are about right.

Civ6 poses absolutely no challenge without an AI. One of those games, where I have the feeling it's like playing simcity or something. This is supposed to be civilization, mind you.

Degradation of Civ games themselves is a point for debate. Degradation of Civilopedia is an objective fact

No Civ game poses a challenge without AI

(October 30th, 2016, 16:41)AdrienIer Wrote: This game was held on online speed. This speed is super fast. At one point I realized that I could 2 turn any military units except cats (which took 4 turns). That was because I was friends with Preslav (a military CS) which gave me +2 hammers for units in my cap and +4 in my second city which had an encampment. But when your units cost so little prod to make +2 is a huge bonus. So the fact that bonuses are fixed when costs change makes some things a lot better (and others a lot worse) than in normal speeds.

That is the correct behavior - it does not make city states better or worse depending on game speed. If outputs (e.g. city state production) were scaled the same as inputs (e.g. unit costs), you would literally have the same game speed again. To make a different game speed (online is supposed to be twice as fasts as normal) you need to either double production of halve costs - not change both. They halved costs, which is one of the correct ways to do it. If they also scaled down city state yields, that's effectively the same is doubling output from tiles and leaving everything else alone: it skews strategy towards tiles and away from city states. The way they did it, strategy is not skewed (at least by that - the fact that units still move at the same speed is the biggest effective difference).

Quote:Secondly, there was a bug when I declared war on Dp : I aquired the bonus for defensive tactics, when I was the one who had declared war. Maybe it's because Stockholm (Dp was their suzerain) declared war on me.

I didn't know that would happen, but it sounds like you explained the issue and it's not a bug.

(October 30th, 2016, 17:11)SevenSpirits Wrote: I didn't know that would happen, but it sounds like you explained the issue and it's not a bug.

He forgot to mention one detail, I got the same screen you get when you declare on another civ when he declared on me, and I didn't get the defensive tactics boost. It definitely is a bug.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!