As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

I can't believe the annoying no respect for your borders is back. I watched AI units during peacetime cross my borders. IMO one of the great things in Civ4 was the AI couldn't cross your borders without declaring war, or signing open borders.

That's only a very beginning-of-the-game thing; a fairly early civic (Early Empire) causes borders to be sacrosanct and require OB to cross. I don't have strong feelings about it from a gameplay perspective, but it makes some simulationist sense.
Civ 6 SP: Adventure One 
Civ 4 MP: PBEM74B [3/4] PBEM74D [3/4]
-Dedlurker: PB34

I still have major issues with the AI in this game. I still don't really understand much of what I am doing. I put an immortal game up as Rome and just went and saw because the pace was a bit slow I felt.

Jaunting along and not really having a plan. I ignored religion as it is a bit confusing. I had some early scrapes with both teddy on his home continent and Peter wanting a peace of me but no cities lost. This was my most vulnerable. The other continent seem to have done nothing

Fast forward and I somehow am the science leader. I have done nothing for CV or RV or DV. Without really any great in depth knowledge I am a clear science leader.

I had not built a unit since archers and then Russia declares a territorial war! But even though they have the tech for rangers/cavs they come at me with swords and xbows. My city bombardment is taking them out. This is immortal for Christ sake. On civ 4 I loose to immortal AI around 1/4 to 1/3 of the time still! With no units built since the classical era I repel a modern invasion in a couple of turns. It does obviously help I have a gpt around 600, but still this is just really weak. I reckon diety might be fairly easy past the ancient/classical rush era.

I managed to get a turn 155 science victory on online speed on immortal. First time I took a game to the end. The difficulty needs to be ramped way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If part of the problem is "AIs don't build advanced units because they're too expensive", maybe give the AIs absurd gold bonii and then program them to upgrade everything immediately. Giving the AI nearly unlimited access to the rush buy economy could make them quite scary.

Or just give the AI an 80% discount on unit upgrades?

I actually think they didnt get any advanced units because they weren't allowed to. The needs 2 strat resource limit unless an encampment, despite me reducing the amount of civs on the game seemed to make a big impact. (I even made it resource abundant!) They did seem to make the resourceless units loads, and horse/iron units a lot of which there was a large amount.

Can't you upgrade with just 1 copy of a strategic resource, or only if you have an encampment?

(November 23rd, 2016, 12:55)HansLemurson Wrote: Can't you upgrade with just 1 copy of a strategic resource, or only if you have an encampment?

You can upgrade units with 1 copy and no encampment, because I've done it.  The upgrade from warrior to sword is 80 gold, though, and now you have to deal with maintenance.  I wouldn't want to do it either, unless I was planning to go to war!  (I'd save my pennies, though, before a war, since that's a great way to find some production.)

I see someone has put together a size 200 city. Oh, the hours of pressing end turn.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/civ-...mous-city/

More impressions of Civ6 to discuss; I wrote up a report for an Emperor game that I played on Livestream earlier this month. Lots of thoughts on the current state of the game in there, which overall I'm enjoying at the moment. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord