As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

(January 31st, 2017, 14:52)Dp101 Wrote:
(January 31st, 2017, 14:42)Jabbz Wrote: Odd setup is odd.

So my understanding would be that scum get to put 3 townies up for lynch on day 2, and we as town have to decide which one we can most afford to lose? Is there any possibility of killing a scum on day 2? There almost has to be at least 1 scum in the trio put forth, otherwise with our limited number it outs the scum as one of the 3 people not in that pile.  My head hurts.

Clinging to tradition. Dp101.

I would expect that they put at least one in the three, since it is an auto-lose otherwise. Well, actually, only if is it expected that they put none in is it a recipe for loss, otherwise the people not nominated are the ones under suspicion. Like you, my head hurts.

I don't think it is smart town-play to tell the scum today whom they should nominate on N1. we can discuss possible scum-tactics on D2 but not today. So both Jabbz and Dp101 get minor scumpoints for doing this.

@Adrien And you speak funny and are too cultured to be a true Murican.

Cute Rowain, I get scum points for trying to figure out the mechanics of a setup the host himself said was a
(January 31st, 2017, 07:10)Qgqqqqq Wrote: shitty rollout.

Trying to shove off suspicion for behavior that is standard in every game is a moderate scumpoint.

Rowain. Not OMGUS.

Having spent most of the day talking about meta, I don't see how those are scumpoints. Not a scumpoint for Rowain though, I've mislynched him for being too aggro on D1 before.

(January 31st, 2017, 15:52)Jabbz Wrote: Cute Rowain, I get scum points for trying to figure out the mechanics of a setup the host himself said was a

Trying to shove off suspicion for behavior that is standard in every game is a moderate scumpoint.

Rowain. Not OMGUS.

It is a scumpoint because you actively help scum trying to figure out whom to nominate. Discussing this is fine on Day2 but not on Day1.

(January 31st, 2017, 17:22)Rowain Wrote:
(January 31st, 2017, 15:52)Jabbz Wrote: Cute Rowain, I get scum points for trying to figure out the mechanics of a setup the host himself said was a

Rowain. Not OMGUS.

It is a scumpoint because you actively help scum trying to figure out whom to nominate. Discussing this is fine on Day2 but not on Day1.

Better discuss it early D1 than during the night don't you think ?

(January 31st, 2017, 17:22)Rowain Wrote:

Rowain. Not OMGUS.

Uhm, if I was scum I could talk about this in the scum thread. This isn't making you look good. I'm off to class. Cya.

(January 31st, 2017, 17:32)Jabbz Wrote: Uhm, if I was scum I could talk about this in the scum thread. This isn't making you look good. I'm off to class. Cya.

But by talking about it here, you both generate content and try to gauge how (other?) townies will react to the various gambits scum could pull. So while I agree with you that it is a natural thing to talk about, I also agree with Rowain that this kind of chat could be detrimental to town, and you are hitting back harder than his comment deserves.

Also, I don't really mind but my mild preference would be to shorten the first day to 48 hours, then move to 72 hours for the more interesting second round.

(January 31st, 2017, 17:42)Gazglum Wrote:
(January 31st, 2017, 17:32)Jabbz Wrote: Uhm, if I was scum I could talk about this in the scum thread. This isn't making you look good. I'm off to class. Cya.

But by talking about it here, you both generate content and try to gauge how (other?) townies will react to the various gambits scum could pull. So while I agree with you that it is a natural thing to talk about, I also agree with Rowain that this kind of chat could be detrimental to town, and you are hitting back harder than his comment deserves.

On the other hand, something needs to happen in order to kickstart discussion/get things you can make reads with, and if you don't have anything else to talk about, starting a discussion about the setup isn't the worst thing.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(January 31st, 2017, 17:42)Gazglum Wrote:

So when I respond to him finding it fishy, its scummy, even though it's a natural thing to talk about? I'm confused.