As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

I appreciate the good humour Jabbz, but I am a little less content with the idea of you being mislynched if you are town. But you're not making it easy. Since we started you have been apparently misunderstanding other people's points, and your defense seems to miss the point as well.

(February 1st, 2017, 19:30)Jabbz Wrote: Nice thing about small games, easy to catch up. 

So if I understand this right, I'm scummy because:

A: I have a problem with what I view as rowain's overreaction to me talking meta, which everyone was doing.
B: I somehow have some semblance of a mind meld (with both Dp and Llewyn)
C: I voted for Dp101 first (in an obvious joke post referring back to last game) and Llewyn often votes his scumbuddy first in small games.
D: Because you guys are still miffed about last game :P

Does that pretty much cover it?

That more than covers it to my mind, and plays down the actual issue by making the details seem absurd.

Point B and C seem purely rebuttals against Lewwyn, and I agree that they are weak attacks. Point D is padding your post with a joke. Point A is the issue.

Rowain specifically had a problem with you second-guessing wolf tactics in public, which only DP also did, and he has also come under suspicion from Rowain adn Lewwyn. You claim to disagree with him and say that Rowain is scummy for attacking you over it, but your post clearly misinterpreted the point Rowain was making.

I then agreed with Rowain, and explained why I agreed with him.

Your response is to double down that you 'did find him scummy' and stay your vote on him:
(February 1st, 2017, 19:30)Jabbz Wrote: I still find Rowain's post to be questionable. I think he recognizes I'm an easy place to shift suspicion based on last game, and is looking to start an easy lynch. The fact that he doesn't vote for me is quite frankly irrelevant. If he doesn't need the vote to start the train, so much the better, as he can keep his hands clean of the D1 lynch, like Llewyn and I did last game. That shit's a straight up gift lol.  I think Rowain's attacks, whether scum or town, are simply going after low hanging fruit, and don't seem all that interested in finding scum. Until something better comes along, that moderate scum point I gave him keeps my vote on him.

You say that Rowain attacking you is going after low-hanging fruit, but Rowain attacked you for a specific reason which I agreed with. Why does that make him scummy and not me? Moreover, why are you ignoring Lewwyn, who is the one who added the reasons of mind-meld and things that riled you up? 

Rowain attacked yoo for encouraging debate on tactics, but you never responded to that specific charge, you've just attacked him right back. Your posts don't make sense to me as a townie. You have three people attacking you and you seem to have arbitrarily decided that 1 of them is scum while ignoring the other 2.

I'm conscious of what Adrien said about my habit of locking in on wrong targets, and also of how I am open to manipulation from wolves buddying me. So I will also say that I am a bit suspicious of Lewwyn and Rowain, both of who gave me and Adrien fairly strong town leans from very early in the day, which combined with the missing Psilly has allowed them to focus on Jabbz and DP by default.

Lewwyn, did you mean that Adrien looks town just because he is piggy-backing off you? Do you have any other reason to give him a town lean?

(February 1st, 2017, 19:30)Jabbz Wrote: A: I have a problem with what I view as rowain's overreaction to me talking meta, which everyone was doing.

Overreaction from my part? Really? Lets see what I wrote:

(January 31st, 2017, 15:30)Rowain Wrote: I don't think it is smart town-play to tell the scum today whom they should nominate on N1. we can discuss possible scum-tactics on D2 but not today. So both Jabbz and Dp101 get minor scumpoints for doing this.

I don't see any overreaction here. Your answer to that was the real overreaction.
Besides no not everyone was discussing whom scum should nominate. Only you and DP did it.

(February 2nd, 2017, 03:29)Gazglum Wrote: I'm conscious of what Adrien said about my habit of locking in on wrong targets, and also of how I am open to manipulation from wolves buddying me. So I will also say that I am a bit suspicious of Lewwyn and Rowain, both of who gave me and Adrien fairly strong town leans from very early in the day, which combined with the missing Psilly has allowed them to focus on Jabbz and DP by default.

Lewwyn, did you mean that Adrien looks totbecause he is piggy-backing off you? Do you have any other reason to give him a town lean?

Gaz reread the thread and I'm sure you will agree with me that ADrien is very very towny. I have not forgotten Lewwyn at all.
For me the 2 scum come out of those 4: Jabbz, DP, Lewwyn, Psilly.

I'm having second thoughts about Jabbz despite him being the only one with a post I didn't like. And after last game I don't want to disregard my intuition on Jabbz.

Unfortunately today is a busy day (it's my mum's birthday so I'm going out tonight, and today's classes are rather important). I'll try to find some time this afternoon to look into Lewwyn and see if an alternative theory works

@Adrien In case you are timerestricted and Psilly doesn't show up please vote for him.

Don't worry if I really have no time I'll put my alarm before deadline to wake up and change my vote

DP, what are your feelings about the rest of us? And how do you feel about Lewwyn vs Jabbz (or Lewwyn + Jabbz?) after their discussion above?

(February 2nd, 2017, 03:29)Gazglum Wrote: Lewwyn, did you mean that Adrien looks town just because he is piggy-backing off you? Do you have any other reason to give him a town lean?

Oh I just mean that Adrien seems exactly like last game, where he piggy backed off me on Day 1. But I would say that Adrien just seems very townie.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

FYI I understand Rowain's stance on Psilly, but I do disagree with him. If Psilly is scum and he gets modkilled it, we waste a lynch voting for him. If Psilly is town then that just increases the odds of us being right about scum right now, and lynching him would again be a waste.

I know that I am a villager.
Rowain feels like normal village Rowain.
Gazglum feels townie.

I would say I'm most confident in that.

Adrien I'm reading townie, but with Adrien I need a day and lynch to be absolutely sure.

Let's say I'm right though about all that.

That leaves Psilly, DP and Jabbz. 2 are wolves. One of those 3 might be modkilled. That leaves the other two. If we lynch one of them we get a 100% chance to catch a wolf. (If you believe me, of course). I believe me because I know I'm a villager. Thus from my point of view lynching Psilly is a waste and actually way suboptimal.

Plus DP and Jabbz just seem scummy to me.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”