As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

That response was to Rowain

(February 2nd, 2017, 12:29)Jabbz Wrote: Rowain, for the second time, I literally answered that. You're clearly not reading my posts.

So this

(February 2nd, 2017, 11:56)Jabbz Wrote: The fact that he is pushing for a lynch on a lurker, despite being so sure I'm bad news, inclines me to further believe he is scum, and is either pushing to lynch a lurker today with plausible deniability, and leave me for tomorrow.

is your answer?? According to you Scum Rowain who sees Jabbz happily walking to the gallow starts pushing for a lurker-lynch despite the fact that he knows full well as soon Jabbz gets lynched and Psilly modkilled Scum has won? Really that is what you believe?

popcorn popcorn popcorn

It makes more sense to me than someone giving me scum cred for making observations on mechanics, and doing so only by claiming somehow I'm trying to get people to talk about stuff so scum can set us up. So yeah, sure.

(February 2nd, 2017, 12:48)Jabbz Wrote: It makes more sense to me than someone giving me scum cred for making observations on mechanics, and doing so only by claiming somehow I'm trying to get people to talk about stuff so scum can set us up. So yeah, sure.

This post is towny, don't lynch this. Please come join me in Lewwyn everyone.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Okay, so apparently this game is on! Haven't checked RB in a couple of days...I have a lot to catch up on! More shortly...

He lives!
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Okay, I just read everything up until about 6 hours ago.  So far, I really like Lewwyn's logical approach.  Most towny in my book.  

Rowain seems the most scummy for attacking Jabbz for the fact that Jabbz was merely trying to puzzle out some meta that was, in this game's case, especially fuzzy at first.  It felt like Rowain was reaching unnaturally hard for something to pin on Jabbz.  And instead of realizing this and saying, "Oh you're right, nevermind, here's another target that seems suspicious" like a good town should do, Rowain has kept harping on Jabbz.

Quote:Psilly is also back, how have you coped with a RB-WW less world ?

Hi AdrienIer.  Definitely glad I decided to take a break from my Rimworld addiction and check out RB!  I've been waiting to participate in a WW game here on RB since last summer, but honestly I didn't think that 7 people would be enough for one, so I had given up on the idea that this one would be getting off the ground shortly.  Otherwise, I would have been checking RB more regularly.  I guess I was wrong!  

Okay, so re-reading from the top of the thread, I must admit that I'm a bit confused about the setup as well.  If there are two scum, and if they don't have to nominate one of themselves, then they can just keep nominating all townies until it's down to 4, at which point the scum would win.  The best town could do is just not lynch anybody in that scenario, but then how does town ever make progress against scum (or vice-versa)?  It would be a stalemate, unless there are town power-roles that Q is counting on people using to kill scum, thus incentivizing scum to not nominate an all-town list.  

The other options are that scum must nominate at least 1 scum each night, or that there is only 1 scum in total (in which case, scum could still lose when it gets down to 2 vs. 1 and scum must be nominated, and if town believes that scum has just been nominating all townies all game, then the town can do process of elimination and figure out who has not nominated himself yet.  That would give scum the incentive to not always nominate townies, although I would still be tempted to just nominate all townies to whittle things down and count on accumulated confusion on the last day to get one of the other two lynched).  

More in a bit...

Scum can only nominate every second day though. So face the consequences next day.