As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

So Psilly how does that theory hold up when I pop town after lynch?

Also, it's not resigned, I just chose a few games back to stop being defensive. I'll make responses to cases against me, but I'm not going to fight them to the death. Too much energy is wasted that way. That's why I'm not horribly bothered by the thought of being lynched, especially if you guys spend some time figuring out who gains the most by me being set up to fall.

Things would obviously be different if this was LYLO.

Off to lunch and to cover a friends Debate class. Be back around 5h to deadline.

On re-read, Gazglum nails the case down pretty hard on Jabbz in post #89.

I do feel that Gaz is reading a little bit too much into Lewwyn feeling overly-confident.  I don't think Lewwyn's material that he is basing his suspicions of Dp101 and Jabbz off of are minimal.  The basis of these suspicions was minimal at first, but Lewwyn has given reasons for why they have only been reinforced.  

I think Gaz wanting to keep his mind open on Lewwyn and Dp101 might come from him getting burned by overconfidence in recent WW games.  

I have strong town leans on Gaz and AdrienIer.  Decent town-lean on Lewwyn.  Rowain seems OK on re-read.  I feel pretty confident in Jabbz and Dp101 being the scum duo already.

Jabbz, if you are town, then I will have to take a hard look at Rowain again. But now that I think about it, what else was there aside from his reaching criticism of you early on for meta-talk that one can point to? Even if you do flip town, Rowain's pursuit of you since then will still appear reasonable because:
A. There were objectively understandable reasons at those points. Lucky for him, if he is scum, that you gave him all that ammo. And,
B. He was hardly alone by that point in his criticisms of you.

If you flip town, Jabbz, then yeah, I'm gonna be very confused and without any really good leads right off the bat. But I'm feeling more and more confident that we've got the right one.

Gazglum Wrote:Jabbz: Bad News because he runs attacks without any logic behind (like the rowain is scum because he pushes for a Psilly-lynch). Flared of from the comment minor scumpoints for him and Dp. Has not stopped that attack besides 3 different -Non-rowain people have told him clearly that this attack is wrong. He doesn't bother to look anywere else.

Gaz, I disagree with you tactically here. I wouldn't fault Jabbz for going after Rowain to the exclusion of others. At least that would be consident and understandable as frustrated townie play, if not optimal townie play. But what gets me suspicious is how Jabbz has been inconsistent, with his tone very much being fiery and frustrated against Rowain, but with his words occasionally saying Rowain still might be town.

AdrienIer, what do you think of Dp101? I don't think I've seen you re-assess his case since early on. I was hoping that you would home-in on Dp101 considering other more recent evidence after your initial, well-considered stance of giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms of his tone and opening play.

I like Psilly's entry into the thread, pretty sure he is town for now.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(February 2nd, 2017, 15:33)Psillycyber Wrote: AdrienIer, what do you think of Dp101?  I don't think I've seen you re-assess his case since early on.  I was hoping that you would home-in on Dp101 considering other more recent evidence after your initial, well-considered stance of giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms of his tone and opening play.

I just skimmed through the thread (only skimmed due to limited time and being tired). Dp is meh, his posts haven't been much better. Jabbz has gotten worse since I said my intuition was giving me second thoughts. You seem to be engaging, but I think you should slow down on the multi posting. Big walls of text can be daunting but in the end I prefer a big structured post to a thousand small ones in a row.

I'm a bit frustrated. I'd like to do a reread of Lewwyn, and Gaz to make sure I'm not missing something but I don't have the energy for it. Maybe I'll just lock my vote on Jabbz (not great originally + worse as time goes by) and not put an alarm on lynch time. Putting an alarm on a day without classes is against my principles.

AdrienIer: it's too bad, I was hoping you would feel more than "meh" about Dp101. One thing I have noticed about you and novice is that you two tend to be cautious types. I have trouble reading cautious types. In WWW42, you and novice had very similar styles (you going for the Ryan lurker lynch but otherwise not committing too much, and novice just generally being even-handed but mostly noncommittal, and both of you defending each other), and I read you two as both being scum...whereas in reality you were scum but novice was town. I feel like town AdrienIer would play this way too, though. We'll see...

Also, re: Jabbz's earlier question about if he flips town...then obviously there's still Dp101 to consider (and then Rowain would be next on my list)...although I will feel much less confident in my earlier reads if Jabbz does flip town.