As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

I'm all in favour of sleeping in, Adrien. It's only a game.

Psilly's timely entrance has been excellent, and those posts push him right up to the top of my town list. Meanwhile, I thought that JAbbz's posts #87 & #88 were pretty good, but he didn't follow them up believably for me. His response to ROwain's question about the lurker lynch felt like a surrender flag. Plus I hadn't noticed, but Psilly drew my attention to Jabbz dialing back his suspicions of Rowain, even as he seemed to lock in on him as the scum.

So, yeah, I think its Jabbz, and given DP's desperate attempt to swing us to Lewwyn, probably DP too.

(February 2nd, 2017, 14:46)AdrienIer Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 11:51)AdrienIer Wrote: Huh, Rowain is still stuck on me ?
Rowain I was rather confident that you were town but you are not doing a real vote after 50h. Why ?

Because I 'm sure you are town and I find it a perfect place to keep my vote.

For a real vote I'm now going to place it on Lewwyn.

(February 2nd, 2017, 16:41)Rowain Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 14:46)AdrienIer Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 11:51)AdrienIer Wrote: Huh, Rowain is still stuck on me ?
Rowain I was rather confident that you were town but you are not doing a real vote after 50h. Why ?

Because I 'm sure you are town and I find it a perfect place to keep my vote.

For a real vote I'm now going to place it on Lewwyn.

I'm not complaining that you are voting the scummiest person in-thread, but why? All I see in terms of your actions toward them is some disagreements about how to handle the (now averted) potential modkill situation. Is that all that is causing the vote, or is there something more?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

That's cool, I have to start sending out role mails for my game that starts Saturday in less than 24h anyway smile

Please understand that the following is not saying don't lynch me, I accept I'm swinging, I'd be genuinely irritated if I didn't swing because it will just start tomorrow with me still in question which lessens towns chance of winning. That being said.

I still find Rowain's tone to be problematic. Based on his last few posts directed at me, it's pretty clear he hasn't actually read my posts, just wants to make points against me, all while not voting for me. If that doesn't look suspicious to you, I don't understand why. I'm not positive he is scum, and there are some other people I feel off on, but we know my town game is never as good as my scum game. I'm just better at BS than I am at scum hunting, the tunneling for me is very real.

Dp101. I'm not sure how I feel on him. His trying to defend me honestly sounds like town Dp. He's erratic, bouncy, and excitable, all stuff I've come to expect when he is town. On the other hand, putting up posts that try to defend me (sorry buddy, they weren't really good arguments) when it's pretty obvious I'm going to swing could be a good way of getting town points, and if he is scum clearly he knows I'm going to pop blue... err red... Murican, whatever. Town. So yeah, not sure on him.

Gaz as always gives me blinder issues. His play feels genuine to a large extent, but I'm concerned about his interplay with Rowain on me. It seems like Rowain is setting up the ball for Gaz to spike it, all while both retain plausible deniability. Of all players, that is the two that I see most likely as a scum pair together. Absent Rowain being scum however, I don't think Gaz is.

Lewwyn. Yes Lewwyn jumped on me. In thinking back to our last game where he was scum, I feel many of the same vibes from those posts here. I can't really remember his play from other games though, so his scum game is my only reference. That could just be how he plays. Still going in for a quick vote and lock seems odd, mitigated by my piss poor performance from the start.

AdrienIer is odd this game. He has the highest post count, but he doesn't appear to be doing any real scumhunting. He's poking here and prodding there, but there is no followup to his stuff. Even if someone responds to your poking in a way you like, I would expect some comments on that. His stuff just feels a little light and lacking substance. That being said, it is day 1, so meh.

Psilly stormed in like a bat out of hell here. Assuming he is posting as he goes, his flow of arguments seems pretty natural. I'm obviously not thrilled with his conclusion, but I think they are coming from a town perspective. I don't think I'm the only one reading him as town either.

Jabbz is clearly town, which you guys will know in like, 6 hours, but I totally get how he looks scummy as hell :P

So my order towny to scum would read
Psilly
Dp101
Gaz (assuming Rowain is NOT scum)
Adrien
Lewwyn
Gaz (assuming rowain IS scum)
Rowain

I'll try to respond to at least one more post before EOD, but no promises as I'm finishing up prep on my Swords and Sorcery Mafia without the Swords Setup. Signups still have until 20:00 GMT tomorrow (today?) Whatever. Like 18 hours. PM me if you want in.

How much time do we have left?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I've skimmed everything posted overnight, thanks for the vote of confidence Psilly, but I'm not sold yet.

The thing that stood out to me was this:

(February 2nd, 2017, 15:41)Dp101 Wrote: I like Psilly's entry into the thread, pretty sure he is town for now.

DP pop's in with this one-liner and then pops out again. Then he pops in again for a question when Rowain votes for me.

His avoidance of engaging in most of the discussion or putting anything of substance into the thread cinches it for me.

DP I'm 100% sure of as scum.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I'm also pretty sure of Jabbz, but honestly DP is just higher on my list. the way he's lurking and just trying to stay out of the way. Says he's confident, but not why he's confident. And really if you were confident wouldn't you be screaming to the heavens about it?

I also have to admit that Psilly seems to good to be true. "Hey Lewwyn You're Great I agree with everything you've said let's lynch Jabbz!" And to me it makes a Psilly-DP duo slightly possible. Yes I know Jabbz is the one who brings it up, but its also the first thing that has made sense to me.

I postulated earlier that scum had to be 2 of DP Jabbz and Psilly. At this point the two most likely duos for me have one common link: DP. Also DP is just the scummiest of everyone here. And he's not scummy in a flailing town way. It's much more a quiet calculated wrong way.

(February 2nd, 2017, 21:56)Lewwyn Wrote: I've skimmed everything posted overnight, thanks for the vote of confidence Psilly, but I'm not sold yet.

The thing that stood out to me was this:

(February 2nd, 2017, 15:41)Dp101 Wrote: I like Psilly's entry into the thread, pretty sure he is town for now.

DP pop's in with this one-liner and then pops out again. Then he pops in again for a question when Rowain votes for me.

His avoidance of engaging in most of the discussion or putting anything of substance into the thread cinches it for me.

DP I'm 100% sure of as scum.

Do you know why I keep not interacting with most of the discussion? Because most of it is about Jabbz, and I am reading him town, and seemingly everyone has decided that we must be scum together. Given that you apparently decided that we must be teamed even before I put forth my townread of him, I really didn't want to stir the pot any more by posting an additional defence, since I had hoped that others would pick up on the fact that I normally would, you know, actually defend a scumbuddy, rather than just quote one post and call them town. The plan was then for you lot to go find someone else to lynch, preferably you, instead of lynching town just because they were trying to figure out the setup. Does that make more sense as to why I haven't been talking that much?

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:05)Lewwyn Wrote: I'm also pretty sure of Jabbz, but honestly DP is just higher on my list. the way he's lurking and just trying to stay out of the way. Says he's confident, but not why he's confident. And really if you were confident wouldn't you be screaming to the heavens about it?

I also have to admit that Psilly seems to good to be true. "Hey Lewwyn You're Great I agree with everything you've said let's lynch Jabbz!" And to me it makes a Psilly-DP duo slightly possible. Yes I know Jabbz is the one who brings it up, but its also the first thing that has made sense to me.

I postulated earlier that scum had to be 2 of DP Jabbz and Psilly. At this point the two most likely duos for me have one common link: DP. Also DP is just the scummiest of everyone here. And he's not scummy in a flailing town way. It's much more a quiet calculated wrong way.

I already mentioned that I was trying to not build up the association people had going on between me and Jabbz, it's I'm pretty sure the first time that I have been read as part of a very definite team from D1 and I had absolutely no idea how to tell people that they were wrong. Seriously though, if you were town and were accused of working together as scumbuddies with someone that you wanted to work with to solve the game, how would you approach trying to get rid of the conspiracy theories? Or would you instead just try and power through and convince people that yes you are working together, but they should trust you anyway because you are so towny? Given the level of success, or lack thereof, in my previous game here at getting towncred I had little confidence in the second method, so I wanted to try this indirect response. Apparently this was a mistake.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:08)Dp101 Wrote: Do you know why I keep not interacting with most of the discussion? Because most of it is about Jabbz, and I am reading him town, and seemingly everyone has decided that we must be scum together. Given that you apparently decided that we must be teamed even before I put forth my townread of him, I really didn't want to stir the pot any more by posting an additional defence, since I had hoped that others would pick up on the fact that I normally would, you know, actually defend a scumbuddy, rather than just quote one post and call them town. The plan was then for you lot to go find someone else to lynch, preferably you, instead of lynching town just because they were trying to figure out the setup. Does that make more sense as to why I haven't been talking that much?

I highlighted a couple things here...

So You think Jabbz is town, but you don't talk about it in thread. Instead you hide away and say nothing... because you don't want to stir the pot. Which is exactly why I'm voting for you. If I'm wrong about Jabbz, you would want him to go down. You wouldn't want to stir the pot.

You hoped others would PICK UP ON THE FACT that you weren't defending Jabbz? So that they would REALIZE you were actually defending him and thought he was town? BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS DEFEND YOUR SCUMBUDDY?!

WHAT?!

Yes, it makes so much sense why haven't been talking much, because every time you do you incriminate yourself more.