As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:25)Lewwyn Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 22:21)Dp101 Wrote: As I already said, yes, I did think Jabbz was town. And again, as I already said, it seemed like every time I posted anything people just would become more convinced that we were scum together, and I had no idea what I could do to stop that. Why wouldn't people come along and go "Hey, that DP guy really doesn't care about the guy that is supposedly their partner. Wouldn't he either be bussing or defending him by now? Maybe they aren't scum together after all."? It seemed like a likely thing to occur when I made the plan, although it might be failing given your response here (or maybe you are just scum, who knows, I seem to have a bad habit of getting stuck with only mafia to talk to). Always defending your scumbuddy is pretty much the only good play D1 in such a small setup, since the scum team is few in number (or at least I am assuming so), so your painting of it as something that scum!me wouldn't do doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

You aren't picking up what I'm laying down. (Because you don't want to obvs)

I am saying its very possible that you are scum and Jabbz is town. If you are scum and jabbz is town. Obviously you wouldn't want to defend him. I am not so stupid as to cling to the idea that you and Jabbz are scumbuddies. That was a working theory, but you are trying to use that as a shield. I am saying that your actions are those of scum trying to get Jabbz lynched.

If I was trying to get Jabbz lynched, why wouldn't I just have pivoted and tried more forcefully? Starting this little spat with you would serve no purpose as mafia, since as you just said mafia wants to slink past leaving as few fingerprints as possible. If I had just been another name on the Jabbz wagon, I could have hid among everyone else on the wagon. We know very well that a mislynch can be done entirely by town here, so I wouldn't pick up that much heat and I don't have you to argue with. Instead, I label you as mafia, trying to actually gamesolve instead of just hopping on the easiest path to a mislynch. What sane mafia player would do that?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:21)Dp101 Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 22:16)Jabbz Wrote: To clarify how much I do not want to be left around to muddy the waters tomorrow (lets be honest, even if you're sure I'm town, most people aren't and me being around will make tomorrow all about me again) Jabbz.

STOP THIS. WHY WOULD YOU EVER, EVER DO THIS.

You don't get to use caps. THAT"S MINE.

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:25)Jabbz Wrote: I've stated my reasons clearly. Think about it, almost no one even thought I might be town until I displayed a willingness to die. There is no way every town member gets on board with me. Rowain is convinced I'm scum. Gaz is too worried about being burned again. My entire argument here is only effective if I die, otherwise tomorrow it gets sold as a gambit, and we waste another day talking about me. Besides which, I'm not convinced of anyone else's scumminess except MAYBE Lewwyn and Rowain, and right now I'm the only vote on Rowain.

I don't care about your reasons. You've already muddied the waters. Vote for DP and unmuddy them.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:29)Dp101 Wrote:
(February 2nd, 2017, 22:21)Dp101 Wrote: As I already said, yes, I did think Jabbz was town. And again, as I already said, it seemed like every time I posted anything people just would become more convinced that we were scum together, and I had no idea what I could do to stop that. Why wouldn't people come along and go "Hey, that DP guy really doesn't care about the guy that is supposedly their partner. Wouldn't he either be bussing or defending him by now? Maybe they aren't scum together after all."? It seemed like a likely thing to occur when I made the plan, although it might be failing given your response here (or maybe you are just scum, who knows, I seem to have a bad habit of getting stuck with only mafia to talk to). Always defending your scumbuddy is pretty much the only good play D1 in such a small setup, since the scum team is few in number (or at least I am assuming so), so your painting of it as something that scum!me wouldn't do doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

You aren't picking up what I'm laying down. (Because you don't want to obvs)

I am saying its very possible that you are scum and Jabbz is town. If you are scum and jabbz is town. Obviously you wouldn't want to defend him. I am not so stupid as to cling to the idea that you and Jabbz are scumbuddies. That was a working theory, but you are trying to use that as a shield. I am saying that your actions are those of scum trying to get Jabbz lynched.

If I was trying to get Jabbz lynched, why wouldn't I just have pivoted and tried more forcefully? Starting this little spat with you would serve no purpose as mafia, since as you just said mafia wants to slink past leaving as few fingerprints as possible. If I had just been another name on the Jabbz wagon, I could have hid among everyone else on the wagon. We know very well that a mislynch can be done entirely by town here, so I wouldn't pick up that much heat and I don't have you to argue with. Instead, I label you as mafia, trying to actually gamesolve instead of just hopping on the easiest path to a mislynch. What sane mafia player would do that?

Because that would only cause more questions. The enemy of the village is silence and inertia. the wagon was already on Jabbz so all you had to do was step back and let it play out. don't say anything that might tip the scales. But you have to do SOMETHING so label me scum (poorly) and you get a pass for "scumhunting"; not that you have done anything close to scumhunting. Yet here you are trying to claim that you have.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Lewwyn if I had to choose who was scum between you and Dp, it would not be Damian Paul that got my vote.

(February 2nd, 2017, 22:34)Jabbz Wrote: Lewwyn if I had to choose who was scum between you and Dp, it would not be Damian Paul that got my vote.

obviously

So I've got 4 hours remaining yes?

Yeah, I think so.

I am 100% in on DP. No matter who his partner is.

I'd be tempted to switch off Jabbz and onto Dp101 if only Jabbz would entertain the idea that Dp101 is scum.  That would give me some thought that maybe Jabbz is town.  But Jabbz seems oddly reluctant to even entertain that idea.  I mean, maybe you think Rowain and Lewwyn are scummier, that's your call, but doesn't it seem like Dp101 has been pretty scummy?

Right now, I'm happy with lynching either Jabbz or Dp101.  Fuck it, I'll put my vote on Dp101.  The tiebreaker here is, Lewwyn seems like the last townie that I need to convince of my innocence.  Fair enough.  By voting for Dp101, I hope I can convince Lewwyn that I'm not Dp101's scumbuddy and just bluffing with my criticism of Dp101 while counting on the easy Jabbz lynch to go forward.  I'd hate to have that sort of suspicion dogging me on Day 2 and distracting town.  So, let's get some more votes on Dp101.  

Now, I'm about to go to bed, and ordinarily I'd be concerned about splitting the vote, but I feel like the solid townies are all pretty much on either Jabbz or Dp101, so here are the possibilities I see:
1. Enough votes stay on Jabbz to lynch him.  Alright with me. 
2. Enough new votes get onto Dp101 to lynch him.  Alright with me. 
3. Scum use the split vote at the last second to push a 3rd choice through.  But this would be incredibly blatant and would pretty much out the scum voters anyways.  

So that's why I feel okay switching my vote onto Dp101.