As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

WW 45: I'm an Illegal Alien

(February 9th, 2017, 11:21)Psillycyber Wrote: Also, we should not hold it against the remaining scum after the game if they end up doing a nomination that forces a Day 5.  If that's a tactic to win, and its within the rules, then so be, even if it means we have to wait another 48 hours to know the result of the game.  

Now, I could just be saying this because I am scum and I don't want everyone to be angry with me when I don't nominate myself on Day 4 and force a prolonged game.  Or, I could be saying this because I am town and I want to appear fair-minded.  

Also, you'd probably figure that, if I am so self-aware of how scummy all of this is, then surely I wouldn't do this as scum (except perhaps as reverse psychology, as something that scum would never do!)...but why would I do it as town either?  Why not just save these meta-comments for after the game, when they wouldn't hurt town's goal by incriminating myself even though I'm town?  

My answer, which most probably won't find convincing until after the game (because a scum could be saying the same thing here to cover up for his weird play), is that I'm impulsive and a poor town player, and I tend to blurt out any little thing I'm thinking.  It's OK.  A lot of you probably find it very frustrating to have your chances sandbagged by another townie...especially now when you are so close to catching the last scum, if I would just shut up.  And you can criticize me after the game for all of this, and maybe even say that I am generally a detriment to town by making it all about myself, such that you might not want to be handicapped by my presence in future games.  That's fine.  I'm a big boy, I can handle it.    shades

I don't know if this was you doing a complicated gambit, or if scum is messing with you but I didn't expect you to get left out after this.

Anyway, as with last time I'm stuck with wanting to lynch someone outside the nomination list.

(February 9th, 2017, 11:21)Psillycyber Wrote: Also, we should not hold it against the remaining scum after the game if they end up doing a nomination that forces a Day 5.  If that's a tactic to win, and its within the rules, then so be, even if it means we have to wait another 48 hours to know the result of the game.  
I very much did expect this result. That quote is Psilly being a gentleman and apologising for putting us through a wasted day. You can’t blame him for using the rules as written.

I would put myself at 90% Psilly, 9% Rowain, 1% Adrien. I am less of a samurai than Lewwyn, so from my POV I would like to apologetically euthanize Rowain today and finish Psilly tomorrow. But since there seems to be agreement that you are towniest, Adrien, I am happy to defer to whatever selection you prefer for today.

I think I'd like to lynch Rowain today. But I want to think about it first, give me a couple hours

From the DP as a pair PoV together with D2 and Lewwyn it seems Gazglum would be the best candidate. Also see how he smartly pushes Adrien towards me and to lynch Psilly tomorrow.

What is interesting is DP postings. From D1 onwards he calls Psilly town, obvtown total town etc a lot of times. Now why would scum DP101 who was walking the gallows all along do so?

It is also to note that h doesn't mention Adrien at all. Which is interesting after all Adrien did push him to a vote count of 3 on D1 bringing him into danger. Why did scum DP not mention Adrien all day long on D2? he had the chance but never bite. Why not? Why was he far more interested to lynch Lewwyn than Adrien? Only at the end of Day3 when it was clear he hangs he calls both Adrien and Gazglum scum but very very attack.

So from my PoV I have to decide who is scummier Gazglum the sly fox or Adrien the one known scum DP long time ignores.

(February 10th, 2017, 06:31)Rowain Wrote: From the DP as a pair  PoV together with D2 and Lewwyn it seems Gazglum would be the best candidate. Also see how he smartly pushes Adrien towards me and to lynch Psilly tomorrow.

I push Adrien towards you now because I think it’s the best move for town, as you are the one of us three who showed most reluctance to lynch DP. And I certainly push both of you towards Psilly tomorrow, because I think he is scum.

(February 10th, 2017, 06:31)Rowain Wrote: What is interesting is DP postings. From D1 onwards he calls Psilly town, obvtown total town etc a lot of times. Now why would scum DP101 who was walking the gallows all along do so?

I agree, and this is a warning sign for me on Psilly.

At the start of Day 2, DP was being attacked for having no reads, he said everyone was town. So what he needed was to start finding scum. He half-heartedly suggested that the pair was Lewwyn/Me, but that was early in the day.

Later in the day, Lewwyn, you and me had all attacked Psilly, and I specifically asked DP what he thought. He said that he thought Psilly was strong town. Why would he do this? If it was buddying, DP should have volunteered that on his own without me having to drag it out of him.

At the point that DP gives Psilly strong town reads, Lewwyn is going down for certain, and DP is likely to be voted next on Day 3. It’s exactly the time that DP needs to push suspicion at a new town player, and Lewwyn gave him the perfect opening with his own attack on Psilly. I see no strategic benefit to a scum player to pass up an attack on Psilly here, especially when he is already struggling to find any suspects at all except for me, who Psilly claims is his buddy.

Yes Gazglum but you don't explain Day2 with me as scum. You OTOH are still possible. In fact you are the only new member here on the scums selected block.

Gazglum

today. If there is a tomorrow then Psilly.

Jesus, Rowain, that’s because I don’t think you ARE scum. You are just the most likely if not Psilly, because you were least hard against DP.

DAY 1
Rowain and Gaz do not vote for DP. Adrien votes DP at a point that makes it look likely DP will hang.

DAY 2
None of us can vote for Psilly or DP. We all vote for someone we think is probably town.

DAY 3
Gaz and Adrien are locked onto DP all day. Rowain votes Psilly>Gaz, then comes round to DP at end.

I want to do what is best for town, which at this point I think is to give Adrien the most certainty for the final day.

Well, I guess it doesn't much matter.

(February 10th, 2017, 07:35)Gazglum Wrote: Gaz and Adrien are locked onto DP all day. Rowain votes Psilly>Gaz, then comes round to DP at end.

Psilly > Gaz is exactly the order which I would like to use. Sadly not possible.

Thing is we either had 1 scum on the block D2 then it has to be Adrien (who would have cold-hearted bussed DP on Day1 and did so on D3). Hence my uneasiness about DP never mentioning Adrien. I mean Adrien was pushing him near the gallows why is DP so relaxed about it.

Or (more likely) there was no scum on D2 then it remains you and Psilly. Which means you today and Psilly tomorrow is the right course to take.

(February 10th, 2017, 07:21)Rowain Wrote: Yes Gazglum but you don't explain Day2 with me as scum. You OTOH are still possible. In fact you are the only new member here on the scums selected block.

Gazglum  

today. If there is a tomorrow then Psilly.

Good point, Rowain.  Does anyone else not find it interesting that Dp101 and Gaz were left off Day 2's nominations, at a time when there were still 3 people that could be left off, which meant that that was the last safe time for scum to not nominate any of themselves (because it still left open doubt about which 2 of the 3 were scummy for not nominating themselves)?  

Gaz, if you are town and you are certain that I am scum, then surely you won't mind taking the fall today.  After all, it will still be 2 vs. 1, and surely if I've been as scummy as I think I've appeared all game, then it will be a cinch to lynch me on Day 5.  Especially if you can get pre-committals from the other townies to lynch me on Day 5.  In that case, it won't matter who is lynched today.  You can be assured that I will hang tomorrow.  

So, AdrienIer and Rowain:  here's the deal.  Feel free to pre-commit to lynching me tomorrow.  In return, I ask that you lynch Gazglum today.  As a townie who has played scummily, I know that I have to win it all for town today, or else I have no chance on Day 5.  

This deal makes sense for AdrienIer and Rowain to take if either:
A.  You think I'm scum.  (I'm guaranteed to be lynched eventually). 
B.  You think I'm town who might, just this once, have found the right guy.

This deal will not make sense for AdrienIer and Rowain if they think that the other scum might be AdrienIer or Rowain.  But do you guys really think that?  

AdrienIer looks towny.  I said before that I found it very hard to believe that Dp101 and AdrienIer could both be scum due to the Day 1 vote, and I stick by that.  Gaz knows this, and his only hope is to turn Adrien against Rowain today.  

If Gaz finds some reason to object to his own lynching today in exchange for a pre-commitment to lynch me tomorrow, then that is a sign that either:
A.  He for some reason doesn't actually think that I'm 99% scum, and is worried that the scum could be someone else.  In that case, I would like Gaz to make a case for why I would make sense as town.  I don't think he will be able to, though, because it would cut against the grain of all of his recent posts in the last few days.  
B.  He is scum, and he knows that scum could still lose it all today.  

So Adrien and Rowain:  wanna make a deal?  shades