As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Races, Units, Buildings

Airship's tongue

Also that's kind of the point. Gnolls don't get any. If its bad to not have both its super ultra bad to not have either.

On another topic slingers should have 3 armor. They take a fighters guild to make, so from both lore and balance it makes no sense for them to be easier to kill than magicians.

(March 3rd, 2017, 17:47)Nelphine Wrote: On another topic slingers should have 3 armor. They take a fighters guild to make, so from both lore and balance it makes no sense for them to be easier to kill than magicians.

don't slingers have more figures and hp than magicians though?

More figures, still 1 HP per figure. And I don't think it would make any sense to increase their HP.

(March 3rd, 2017, 17:47)Nelphine Wrote: On another topic slingers should have 3 armor. They take a fighters guild to make, so from both lore and balance it makes no sense for them to be easier to kill than magicians.

I think they used to have it but were reduced. With Lucky and 8 figures, this unit is really hard to kill, as armor applies to every single damaged figure and has a bonus to its effectiveness. This is rarely relevant on other units, but very much so for this, especially as it's very easy to recover lost figures by healing as they have 1 hp each.

Hm. I'd like to see someone else test that. If that's the case I still think it should be 2 armor.

(March 3rd, 2017, 18:17)Nelphine Wrote: More figures, still 1 HP per figure. And I don't think it would make any sense to increase their HP.

I meant 8totalhp is more than 4total hp.

yes agreed. but 1 armor which they have right now means that an enemy needs to do ~11 damage to kill the unit.

magicians, with 4 figures, the enemy needs to do ~8 damage.

slingers need a fighters guild, but die much faster than normal 6 figure swordsmen, even with lucky.

yes with buffs slingers get better, faster than the other units, due to 8 figures and lucky - but even still, 1 armor is.. werewolf level bad. its awful. and it's not like they're cheap. 100 hammers, for something that expects to die from 2 attacks from bowman?

Quote:slingers need a fighters guild, but die much faster than normal 6 figure swordsmen, even with lucky.

That's kinda the point. Ranged units, except for a few special cases, should die faster than melee units.

I like slingers at 1 shield, both for lore and gameplay reasons. They're certainly strong enough at 1 shield, and think about hobbits. They start out a bit fragile but turn into tough little things as they gain experience.