As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Races, Units, Buildings

It is usually hard to justify getting swordsmen instead of cavalry or bowmen. Plus, if they are meant to be 'well-rounded', they need the average 3 movement points. I would anticipate a swordsman to be a capable fighter with stamina and aggression, thus 3 move.

Cost : 30 / 1
Melee Attack : 3
Ranged Attack : none
Defense : 3
Health : 1
Movement : 2 -> 3
Resistance : 4
Figures : 6
Abilities : Large Shield

Spearmen: cheap, lower unrest, fight phantom warriors, build 9-stacks with secondary towns
Swordsmen: well-rounded, some attack/defense, moves a bit more
Bowmen: shoots well with magic weapons
shaman: heals, shoots a bit
Cavalry: tactical mobile first-strike unit, reaches units

(March 4th, 2017, 09:36)zitro1987 Wrote: It is usually hard to justify getting swordsmen instead of cavalry or bowmen. Plus, if they are meant to be 'well-rounded', they need the average 3 movement points. I would anticipate a swordsman to be a capable fighter with stamina and aggression, thus 3 move.

Cost : 30 / 1
Melee Attack : 3
Defense : 3
Health : 1
Movement : 2 -> 3
Figures : 6
Abilities : Large Shield

Spearmen: cheap, lower unrest, fight phantom warriors, build 9-stacks with secondary towns
Swordsmen: well-rounded, some attack/defense, moves a bit more
Bowmen: shoots well with magic weapons
shaman: heals, shoots a bit
Cavalry: tactical mobile first-strike unit, reaches units

No, I think having access to an overland 3 speed unit on turn 1 on all races is not a good idea.

I think there's something off on my barbarian cavalry.

On the production screen, they have 5 attack; and at Ultra Elite they have 8 attack.

That seems like it's 1 too high? Or did cavalry get changed to 5 attack base instead of 4, and the chart just didn't get updated?

Quote:Levels
For normal units :
Regular : + 1 melee, +1 ranged, +1 resist total.
Veteran : + 2 melee, +2 ranged, +1 defense, +1 resist total.
Elite : + 2 melee, +2 ranged, +2 defense, +2 resist, +1 health total.
U. Elite : + 3 melee, +3 ranged, +3 defense, +2 resist, +1 health total.
Champion : + 3 melee, +3 ranged, +3 defense, +2 resist, +2 health, +1 hit total.

No you misunderstand:

Quote:Cost : 40
Melee Attack : 4
Defense : 2
Health : 3
Movement : 5
Figures : 4
Abilities : First Strike

Note the base melee strength.

Oh, that's outdated then. Every cavalry is 5 attack nowadays.

Ok

Hard AI, klackon capital, with a few lizardman cities (total of around 10 cities). I am dumping chaos rifts on all his cities, and I THINK I might be able to make him run out of gold. He's got 512 gold and 72 mana. I'm going to watch over the next few turns.

Edit: Nope, he still made it up to 1500 gold and 300 mana. No good!

I completely lost where we had the sprite fortress garrison discussion. So, I'm just mentioning here, of my last 2 games, I've seen another weak AI banish a stronger AI due to sprites in the fortress. (I don't think I have anything more to add, now I'm just trying to see how often it happens.)

Based on test data from AI vs AI games, I think a change to races is needed, see : http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...#pid642800

Current : Lizardmen 12 growth, 30 Outpost growth. Klackon 8 Growth, 0 Outpost growth.

Proposed change :

Lizardmen growth -> 7, outpost growth unchanged.
The race has good military, decent buildings, water movement, and faster settlers. It doesn't need extremely fast growth on top of that.

Klackon growth 8->11, Outpost growth 0 -> +20.
The race benefits from having no cities of other races, but its growth rates don't really make razing and rebuilding a favorable option, even in the early game which makes the unrest penalty overly harsh, especially now that you can't get around it via Move Fortress. The production and gold bonus is there to help building cities, but without people, neither is really helpful as both taxes and production are per unit of population.