As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

TheArchduke's third time's a charm as England

Congratulations from me too! Try to enjoy it, it will be over far too soon.

We explore south first to get the writing eureka, the other ship will go east, so we get a better feel for our surroundings of our capital.

Pantheon should ahve happened, I am delaying craftmanship for one turn, even if it is a turn of inefficiency, as I do not need more then two ships.
The sudden jump to position 2 may mean I am the only one so quick to go for ships. Next up, 3 workers in all cities, some chops for monuments, and then 2-3 settlers with early empire for a quick fillup of my island, a quick harbour and maybe a quick campus in the capital, 2 triremes should be enough to at least see potential threats coming.

Congrats, Archduke! New members of the family can be even more rewarding (and sometimes frustrating) than a computerized civilization! One interesting thing about the Kid civ, pretty much independent of leader traits and UA: Even though micromanagement almost always ends up being counter-productive (events outside of your control always mess up any detailed microplans you might make) it turns out that there's an enormous benefit to just spending time in-game familiarizing yourself with the terrain and your civ. Also, if you have a teammate or ded-lurker, keeping each other up to date in your spoiler thread or by private chat can seriously elevate your game!

Congrats, man, it's the best thing.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Congratulations! Best health for your Kid and your family

Thanks, normally not a big fan of private information, but reports will be irregular and unplanned.

Not that I am the running favourite to win this anyway.wink

Judging from the diplomacy thread, I am also not the first one to ships or to make contact, but I would rather have my third city out.

Woden and Singaboy have been met, both have 2 cities to our 3. I will likely go for +50 settlers next after improving our production and continue to try to fork ahead with cities.

Our warrior explores the NW of our island and it continues by quite a bit, unexpectedly, nice. Both galleys will try to contact the other CS and return as soon as I get a good feel for the land.

Woden has 4 Great Scientist points, which means an early campus. I finished writing this turn and the question now is which district we go for first. I lean towards commerce+harbour in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Archery will be done in 2 turns and we will upgrade our 2 slingers to counter any possible barbarians.

I try to get some screenies up now.

And some screenies of our cities, and our 3 explorers (warrior and 2 triremes).

Aw, come on, it seems I got Singaboys "luck" with barbarians this time around.

I hope to get some reporting up tomorrow. Sorry for the lack of it atm.

Screenie, so lurkers are not flying blind. 4th city established, more settlers incoming, districts planned out, harbours incoming hard in 2 turns.