As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

TheArchduke's third time's a charm as England

Will you settle for a hug from an avid reader?

(September 15th, 2017, 10:59)TheArchduke Wrote: I am getting the hang of this parenting stuff by now and I saw the detraction from lurker enjoyment of missing reports in PBEM 3, so let´s see if I can pick it up again.

I also miss having a dedlurker.wink

So you bred your own?

Turn 105 will be summary turn.

On Turn 100 we conquered Stockholm and soon Carthage. (Going Oligarchy for this one, I know it is a crap government, but I really need to be not bogged down by it. 3 swordsman is a risky amount of troops for one CS.

Basically the plan is, catch up in tech and culture from a position of strength empire wise. (I am 2nd in empire score thanks to high population and many cities)
Tech to Frigates and Mercenaries. Take those frigates and caravels boosted by Gadmirals and make Singaboy´s life hell together with Woden and hopefully then still surviving Oledavy.

I fear that Japper pulled the same stunt as I did in PBEM #1 way too much expansion, not enough military and caught with his pants down.

And how I am 2nd in score is beyond me, I made quite some mistakes in the initial phase.

(September 19th, 2017, 03:53)TheArchduke Wrote: And how I am 2nd in score is beyond me, I made quite some mistakes in the initial phase.

I noticed in my PBEM 2 game that Russian Lavra's gives 6 empire points compared with normal holy sites which gives just 3 empire points. In your case I think that it is same with Royal Navy which you did toss down in almost every city of yours. That might boost your score compared with others, you can check your "real" score by deducing it with 3 for every Royal Navy you have now.

I also want say that your progress do remind me a bit of myself in PBEM 2, also starting slow but then suddenly boosting midway and finally finishing everyone off with Unique Unit from Industrial era.

As Hansas are special districts as well, Singaboy's could be inflated a bit as well.

Maybe taking Oligarchy was overkill, the AI moves the archer out but not the swordsman in.

That´s how the cookie crumbles.

My infrastructure is looking semi-decent, but I will need to beeline Frigates. I doubt I can keep in land unit tech with Oledavy and Singaboy so we are gonna bite the eurekaless bullet here. Singaboy has double the milpower!

Well, best case scenario, Norway exists when the NAP runs out.

Worst case, it does not.

Singaboy by now is probably seeing me as a bigger threat then he sees Japan, so whilst I do not want war I need to be ready.

I aim to have 4 caravels and 4 frigates (on of them a fleet).

14 turns to square rigging, 12 turns to mercenaries if my projections hold. 15 turns till the NAP runs out.

In another 4 turns after that I have xbowmen and about 10 turns later Musketman.

Judging from Milpower, Singaboy is not kidding around and it will only grow.

Being the case, I only have 2 valid, vulnerable by sea targets, Woden or Singaboy and I much rather take down Singaboy before he can get those norwegian cities online.

A german caravel, seems I teched just in time.

An overview over my empire. I actually opted for a culture district at killer queen, to take more advantage of MohenjoDaro and catch up a bit in culture as well.

I also harvested the Deer at Bohemian Rhapsody, as the +4 industrial site in its place will be way stronger then the tile itself.

Forget to take a screenie.

The economy is humming along. In 4 turns we have 5 more districts online. Then we will switch to upgrade mode and a 2nd settler wave, if I can.

(September 18th, 2017, 06:00)rho21 Wrote:
(September 15th, 2017, 10:59)TheArchduke Wrote: I am getting the hang of this parenting stuff by now and I saw the detraction from lurker enjoyment of missing reports in PBEM 3, so let´s see if I can pick it up again.

I also miss having a dedlurker.wink

So you bred your own?

Missed that, that´s the idea. Soon I can play MP against my own progeny.

Turn 108.

Finish encampment and mil training, civic switch to Autocracy for the +5 yield and 2 mil cards.

-1 gold, and +100% naval units.

Switch both Bohemian Rhapsody and Another one bites the dust from industrial zones (another delay, but what can you do) to quadriremes, to make it 6 quadriremes, or in approx 9 turns, Frigates. Add 4 triremes (caravels) and we should be able to do some damage especially with Gadmiral support.

Everyone else finishes their infrastructure builds, so I stop falling behind, Oledavy still has his crazy 70! science.

4 swordsman and 3 archers (come turn 120 or 121, xbowmen) stand ready to protect the nearest beaches, especially the area around the strait.