As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

TheArchduke's third time's a charm as England

Her Majesty´s fleet moves west.

I need to concentrate on building more economy and doing this quick to avoid WE.

My luck with barbarians continues.

Zuckerstadt is in sight, and suprise, another german frigate, I fear this might be a trap.

With 4 districts, (the harbour plundered by a barbarian caravel as most of my fleet was away) and at a cost of 7 turns, I think the Oracle is worth the build. Even if I have to ignore the faith based abilities, the doubling of GP points is a nice little boost. Next up commercial hub projects in both Bohemian Rhapsody and another city, to pull ahead.

Our southern caravel acts as a spotter and see 2 frigates and turns back. Even Gadmiral supported it is at risk of being sunk, but I much rather run over Singaboys industrial powerhouses quickly (+10 production in Salz am Meer before I take it, wow....)

It looks like his capital is actually inland, which is terrible bad news. I might have to consider negotiating for the ceding of some cities (yay CIV VI peace and occupation rules), which I doubt Singaboy will go for. We might need to do something about our amenties soon.

Especially if Oledavy does not conquer Norway of Singaboy, I can´t do everything by myself.

I might have been better off just razing everything.. duh

Aachen can be bombarded by sea. So I need units and can easily take it after bombing it down.

Question is can I conquer all of Norway against Singaboy´s army. I seriously doubt it.

I am considering offering a grand bargain peace.

All of Norway and Toronto and I return his whole island to him.

The GS and GM worries me. I want that GM but until now the GS were good but catchable. But the NW one is nasty. Hmm.

It has been some time.

I may be able to snatch the CS.

Oledavy will be my main source of problems in this game now. My Gadmiral led navy against his zerg swarm might very well be the endgame.

Next turn I should be able to peace Singaboy. My plan is to declare war on him 10 turns later and annex his core quickly and most brutally.

Or an alliance with him and go for Oledavy, I have not decided yet.

I would also love to build 4-5 more settlers to fill up my core and islands, but question is, will it be worth it?

Well, things are looking up.

My science rate takes a nice boost, culture as well from the hopelessly underdeveloped norwegian cities.
But pop is pop.

The main question now is. Kill Singaboy in 10 turns, or attack Oledavy whose science rate and Arsenal is probably the last obstacle in this game.

Woden neatly took the alliance, eliminating him from any consideration thus far. I doubt Minas Geras can swing this game when I have eaten Singaboy.

Also:

Strike!smile Couple this with the natural wonder at Teeplantage and we are set. Next up, plans, plans.

Add.:

I got more swordsman then I know what to do with now.

(October 23rd, 2017, 12:24)TheArchduke Wrote: Strike!smile Couple this with the natural wonder at Teeplantage and we are set. Next up, plans, plans.

Add.:

Congrats on a well-played game thus far! Nice work snagging Darwin! How does the science from Darwin work? Does it go towards a single tech? Does it overflow if the tech costs less than Darwin yields?

That special ability to get units when gaining cities seems pretty powerful, especially when you acquire so many cities on the same turn! Looking forward to seeing your next steps forward in this game.

(October 23rd, 2017, 12:52)Cornflakes Wrote:
(October 23rd, 2017, 12:24)TheArchduke Wrote: Strike!smile Couple this with the natural wonder at Teeplantage and we are set. Next up, plans, plans.

Add.:

Congrats on a well-played game thus far! Nice work snagging Darwin! How does the science from Darwin work? Does it go towards a single tech? Does it overflow if the tech costs less than Darwin yields?

That special ability to get units when gaining cities seems pretty powerful, especially when you acquire so many cities on the same turn! Looking forward to seeing your next steps forward in this game.

Thanks, I do hope I did a better show of myself in this game, although I am more reluctant to say that I have this one in the bag. Arsenal-Science Oledavy is the bigger threat, but Singaboy was the much, much better and closer target.

Darwin does indeed overflow, but right now I need 3 workshops, 2 docks to eureka my way towards subs, which I assume where everyone is headed apart from Woden.

The next step will be snatching Musketman to be able to crack Singaboy´s defenses. I do not mind Oledavy and Singaboy teaming up, Oledavy can conquer as much of Norway as he wants when I get Singaboys core without occupation penalties he will have a problem.

I need about 10 turns to go south around former Norway to attack Oledavy, so the only way to attack Oledavy would be east. Woden would see it and maybe inform on me.

So right now we want to snatch the + gold on trade routes GM (wars are won over upgrades and upkeep after combat abilities), build the Colloseum, expand our navy with a policy and churn 3 settlers our when we can. With 2 ships per build, Oledavy can and will outbuild me, so I will have to have the better gold economy to keep up with him by upgrading.

As far as I can see this game can´t be won quickly, Oledavy and Woden are in a much more defensive position (less coastal access) and will not be caught with their pants down.

So really, cracking Singaboy by taking Weinberg and Aachen with troops is the way to go. 10 more turns until I redow.

No screenies, sorry.

Milpower of Oledavy is worrying. I fear I have to accelerate my beeline to subs, sacrificing other builds. 3 workshops will be done in 5 turns, then I will trigger the GS, hopefully building 2 shipyards soon after.

1-2 ironclads should be enough to keep Oledavy at bay hopefully. Too much stuff to do and to build, not enough time.

I will also not redow immeaditly, let them come at me if they want to.

Oledavys Ironclads have been spotted thanks to an alliance with Spain.

This means an all out or nothing beeline to it. I am three turns away from Industrialization and then I will use my GS to snatch Ironclads.

This is close, the shallow water bonus is extra annoying basically cancelling out my GAs.