As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Heh, I wondered when my country would finally make its appearance in civilization 6 (aside city state Amsterdam).
Also bit delighted to see Wilhelmina appear, it has always been Willem of Orange in civilization series.

De Zeven Provincien if I see correctly at video, it has melee strength of 50, ranged strength of 60, -17 against another navy units, +7 against districts. So avoid full naval warfare but use it to bombard cities. (Frigate got 45 melee strength and 55 ranged strength)
Culture bomb from harbors can be used to grab tiles quick for polders.
Science victory seems best suited for Netherlands with adjacency bonuses for Campus and Industrial Zones. Domination and cultural victories are also possible.
No religious bonuses which makes Netherlands bit unsuitable for religious victory.

I really like Polders. I'm curious if the improve coasts are treated as land or sea tiles once the tile is improved. 

Also, as functional as the harbor culture bomb is for the Netherlands, I'm growing a little tired of the YOU GET A CULTURE BOMB, YOU GET A CULTURE BOMB, EVERYONE GETS CULTURE BOMBS, style of civ UAs.

It does feel a bit same-y after a while. Poland, Australia, the Netherlands - they're not being especially creative with their UAs, are they?

That said, I like how many naval and coastal-themed civs there are now! Coastal and ocean tiles were weak at release, but with Indonesia, the Netherlands, Australia's housing bonus, there's a growing number of civs being drawn to the water. Indonesia's kampungs I've found to be especially fun - I love my tiny island cities everywhere.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

I was rolling my eyes pretty hard at the Dutch pronunciation in the trailer, even some text-to-speech get it better... Would it have killed anyone at Firaxis to look up the phonetics? Or you know give Sid a call lol

Civ seems pretty strong, glad we get to finally actually reclaim land with polders. Rather than having a mediocre Industrial Era building like in civ 4 or a niche marsh and floodplains improvement like in 5.

(December 13th, 2017, 06:29)Japper007 Wrote: Rather than having a mediocre Industrial Era building like in civ 4

On the right map the Dyke is amazing

(December 13th, 2017, 07:09)Adrienler Wrote: On the right map the Dyke is amazing

I know that, but it's mediocre because it comes so late. Industrial Era uniques are more of a "win more" thing

They just need to also make all world wonders tile bomb as well so it's at least somewhat accessable to everyone

Hour-long gameplay video just dropped. I haven't watched it yet, but linking it here for those interested.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(December 13th, 2017, 06:29)Japper007 Wrote: I was rolling my eyes pretty hard at the Dutch pronunciation in the trailer, even some text-to-speech get it better... Would it have killed anyone at Firaxis to look up the phonetics? Or you know give Sid a call lol

lol I like that you can hear her pause a second to try and get the pronunciation correct. Have to wonder how many takes they had to record to get it that good :P

Hmm, why do I always get the feeling that the developers do not know how to play their own game.

And free units make their return. Ancestral Home gives a free builder for new cities. Because that is a good idea..

A dangerous and thrilling attack by a chariot archer and a warrior against a walled city and he builds renaissance walls.

Trade routes comes with markets and lighthouses. How exactly were desert size 1 cities a problem? Aren´t settler and district costs a bit prohibitive for that?

Am I nitpicking, or do they just not play their own games competitively?

This is one thing that works with Paradox at least. MP testing.

Not feeling too hot about this expansion.

EDIT:

Monarchy seems viable, +2 housing per level of walls.