As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Races, Units, Buildings

yeah, in many cultures the rowers doubled up as assault troops IIRC

(December 12th, 2017, 16:20)Nelphine Wrote: I think you have to give the new building to gnolls - they're simply too weak overall. They've got 2 above average units (but those units are very exoensibe to build), but they can't hit air at all. I still consider them the hardest race to play, and not giving the new building to them makes that worse.

Barbarians have bezerkers, so that's fine. Dwarves have mineral bonus, so that's fine.

I agree. Give gnolls something. If not this basic building, then one of the other economy buildings they're already also missing....

Just a quick note regarding Dark Elves: I really like dark elf apprentices.  Even with their low casting level, I've found them to a good addition to DE earlygame units.

I find it a bit hard to justify the 4 maintenance cost on warlocks - maybe 3 to be on par with other magicians would be more appropriate. High maintenance on what is most useful as garrison/defender units, and due to its fragile nature, mass produced troops, is not very good.

Aside from this I haven't noticed anything problematic with the Dark Elf race.

I agree with reducing warlock maintenance. Magicians are often better garrisons as it is, so I'd even consider 2 maintenance (if using for offense, the up front cost us already high enough for units that will die quickly).

Unsure, it's a doom-bolt maker with strong ranged attacks. 4 seems reasonable.

Is everyone satisfied with state of Rangers? It is very expensive and the stats are not that awesome. Sure scouting and pathfinding are nice, but not sure if justifies the cost.

When they work (no missile immunity), they have twice the ammo of warlocks or magicians, and can use magic weapons, ores, holy weapons, flame blades to increase those things further, which means they end up with far more offensive potential than magicians or warlocks.

So, yes they're great. Problem is that magicians are so ubiquitous missile immunity seems common. Second problem is that if you're going to buff things anyway, javelineers are better.

I'd like to see them with higher movement than magicians (but I've never liked speed 3 magicians, but that was done before I joined, so I've never understood it), and armor equal to or better than javelineers.

I'd also give them 1 or 2 higher resistance. They should easily be on par with the best magicians and warlocks.

(March 5th, 2016, 14:10)Seravy Wrote: Armory : Removed
Removed because there aren't enough military units for quite a lot of races to fill 4 tiers.

Fantastic Stables
500 to build, 5 maintenance. Unlock flying top tier units.
Requires : Stables, Armory
Alternative top tier building for flying units.

Fantastic Stables still list Armory as a required building.

(December 23rd, 2017, 17:29)namad Wrote:
(December 12th, 2017, 16:20)Nelphine Wrote: I think you have to give the new building to gnolls - they're simply too weak overall. They've got 2 above average units (but those units are very exoensibe to build), but they can't hit air at all. I still consider them the hardest race to play, and not giving the new building to them makes that worse.

Barbarians have bezerkers, so that's fine. Dwarves have mineral bonus, so that's fine.

I agree. Give gnolls something. If not this basic building, then one of the other economy buildings they're already also missing....

How about giving the Jackle Riders thrown weapons?  Like a skirmish Troop.