As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

New leader revealed today: Chandragupta, an alternate for India.

He gets the War of Territorial Expansion Casus Belli in Classical era instead of the Modern era - Military Training, specifically - and when he declares such a war his units get +5 combat strength and +2 movement for 10 turns.

An interesting and powerful ability for single player. That combat boost is no joke and your conquests will earn you a lot of warmongering, which will get you denounced, which lets you use your UA to fuel your attacks even further. In multiplayer, unless something changes in Rise and Fall, it will run into all the same issues with Casus Belli we've already seen. Namely, you can't use one unless you've denounced somebody and waited a few turns, but your target gets the opportunity to declare Formal War or use a CB in return as soon as they receive the denouncement. This has already been used to deny the Nationalism civic boost, and it's going to be even more important for anyone who finds themselves next to Chandragupta unless they can be absolutely certain he's turning his armies on someone else.

NOTE: Last post of the previous page is also important - the actual formula for district cost reductions has been found.

(December 27th, 2017, 09:44)Cornflakes Wrote: [SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY SPOILER THREAD]
The district discount mechanism's mysteries have been unveiled! Source post on CivFanatics: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/d...sm.625743/ The explanation there is somewhat opaque. After reading the post I had to scratch it out with paper and pen to wrap my mind around it, so I re-stated it in the spoiler thread for my duel vs. TheArchduke with some further explanation and examples from my current game.

SPOILERS FOR TheArchduke ONLY, as this this is my thread for our duel: http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/showt...#pid657439 Sorry TheArchduke, you'll have to wait to see the specific examples but I'll cut out the spoilery parts and put it in the "Expanded Civilopedia" thread when I have a chance.

Teaser: it's not always advantageous to place districts ASAP to lock in costs, in fact it might be better in many cases to wait!
[/SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY SPOILER THREAD]

Thanks for the notification, will try to analyze this, or send Emperor K to that thread. wink

New Leader/Civ - Poundmaker of the Cree

Uniques:

UA: Nihithaw. Gets a trade route and a free trader at Pottery, and when your traders move over a tile they clam unclaimed, workable tiles. (I am not sure whether this replaces the trade route from Foreign Trade. I don't think it does.)

UI: Mekewap. An improvement, unlock unknown. +1 production, +1 housing; +food if adjacent to a Bonus resource and +gold if adjacent to a Luxury. (The yields on the adjacency are unclear. The video shows one on flat plains adjacent to 4 bonus and a lux giving 3f2p1g, one on plains hill adjacent to one of each giving 3f3p1g, and one on flat grass adjacent to 2 bonus and a lux giving 3f1p1g. If it can be built on Forest/Rainforest without chopping and it's a toggle +1, that would make sense of the yields.)

UU: Okihtcitaw. (Yes, that 'htc' cluster is correct.) A scout with 20 combat strength and a free promotion.

LA: Favorable Terms. Shared Vision from all alliances regardless of type. Trade routes grant additional yields based on the number of camps and pastures at the destination. The description in the video seems to conflict with the text, but either way it's extra Food for originating cities and extra Gold for destination cities. The unclear parts are whether it's international-only, whether only Poundmaker gets the bonuses or shares them with his trading partner, and whether other people can trigger it by sending trade routes to the Cree.

Looks like a very strong starter, especially if the Mekewap unlocks early as seems to be indicated here.

EDIT: I wonder how quickly you could get the +20 combat strength promotion if you used the double scout XP policy card. Getting a 40cs 3mp unit in the Ancient era sounds... devil fun.

The new Cree unit looks very nice, but I find their other bonuses rather mediocre. 
Especially when comparing them with the other three announced Rise and Fall civs.

New civilization revealed: Georgia with leader Tamar

Civilization Ability - Glory of the World, Kingdom and Faith: 100% faith for 10 turns if you declare a Protectorate War (Georgia already gains ability to declare Protectorate war when finishing theology civic instead diplomatic service civic in renaissance era).
Bonus envoys if the City State follows your religion (any envoy sent counts as 2 at any city state which majority of population follows your religion). 

Leader Ability - Strength in Unity: At the Start of a Golden Age you get to make a Golden age and Normal Age dedication (Golden age mechanics still unclear for us at this point).

Unique Unit - Khevsureti: Bonus on hills (no movement penalty on hills and +7 strength bonus for battles on hills, 40 base strength, unknown whether it replaces swordsman or not).

Unique Building - Tsikhe: Replaces Renaissance Wall, costs less and gives faith (3 faith per turn).

New Civilization for Rise and Fall-Georgia lead by Tamar

Civ Ability: Glory of the World, Kingdom,, and Faith: 100% faith for 10 turns if you declare a Protectorate War; Bonus envoys if the city state follows your religion.
Leader Ability: Strength in Unity: At the Start of a Golden Age you get to make a Golden Age and a Normal Age dedication.
UU: Khevsureti: Combat Strength and no movement penalty from hills (not sure if replacement or unique unit, probably Medieval?)
UI: Tsikhe: Renaissance Walls replacement that costs less and adds faith (+3 from first look).

First Look video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aExp07EKks

Ninja'd by Alhambram!

Consensus on CFC seems to be Georgia is weak and all over the place in terms of bonuses (as well as Tamar apparently being too "brown", 'cause Europeans don't tan right rolleye ) and I'm inclined to agree. Though I'd counter that she might be stronger in our multiplayer style of games, as we actually will build Rennaissance walls and run Theocracy or Monarchy regularly, unlike the completely econ focused SP crowd.

I have to agree that she is overall weak compared to the other new civs and she is another religious based civ without any bonuses to getting a religion. That being said, we still don't know the full impact of Golden Ages and Normal Ages dedication.

I also have to agree with Japper007 that she might be nice in MP since the games (at least here) are played on the New World setting with lots of hills. I don't know if I every built Renaissance Walls, so not sure how helpful her UI will be.

I meant more that we might actually build Rennaissance walls as Georgia for something else than the 3 faith bonus, like defending a critical city in the mid-game. Unlike in Single Player where you barely even need ancient walls even on Deity. The hill bonus is indeed better in our usual game setup than in regular play, though the unit is only 40 base strenght apparently, so it still has less strenght on hills than a Legion has on flat ground rolleye