As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ6 SG 3 - Stingy Hojo and his cheap districts

Yea, did not think of the aqueduct, there is still a spot to toss a campus on the space the settler is currently on though

I don't have much stake in this game, but do you really think the +1 adjacency is worth sacrificing a hill for? (the tile with the settler is a grass hill right?) Even with the adjacency booster card it'll still only be +2 science, compared to a 2/2 tile with a mine a 2/3 tile at Apprenticeship and a 2/4 tile at Industrialisation... Is losing 6 total yield really worth it for only a 1 adjacency boost?

Very true, that may go up with other districts, but i think the main thing is just putting down a science in the city if we can, its available.

We do however have to complete 2 more districts, so either the holy sites or one and a theater.

Got the save, will be playing maybe tonight, maybe over the weekend. Here's to a better report and a better turnset. (Neither should be a high bar to clear.)

Ya thats how I felt!

At least I could not make things worse than my first go at things!

I think we need to focus a bit more on the District part of our reports, according to our variant. So, to improve the reports, I ask that everyone post the current results of the District Discount Formula in the end of your turnset (and perhaps some thoughts about it, i.e., we currently have X, Y and Z districts avaiable with a discount), so that we clan discuss and plan around it. Coupled with pictures of each district placed, I think we'll make our reports more approachable and useful, considering the variant.

Just a reminder:

Quote:District Discount Formula (by Cornflakes):

C = total number of completed districts (regardless of type)
P = placed districts of the specific type in question (e.g. Commercial Hub), this includes the sum of completed and uncompleted districts of the specific type
A = available districts to build, which is based on techs discovered. (e.g. Astrology + Writing + Bronze Working = 3 available districts)

For a specific district type, the discount is available only if both of the following are true:
1) C>=A
2) C/A > P

The actual gameplay is not something to be ashamed about. We make SGs to learn and improve, after all. The reports are more important.

Next district will not be availble for discount until we finish one districts.

c = 3 - encamp, holy, theater
P = 1 for encamp, 1 for holy, 1 for theater, 0 for science
A = 4

for part one to be true we need to build 1 more districts.
for part two, science is discounted, encamp, holy and theater are not, however japan gets those 3 discounted

Let me know if that is correct, I like to think my math skills are up to par for this.

(January 19th, 2018, 16:53)Emperor K Wrote: Next district will not be availble for discount until we finish one districts.

c = 3 - encamp, holy, theater
P = 1 for encamp, 1 for holy, 1 for theater, 0 for science
A = 4

for part one to be true we need to build 1 more districts.
for part two, science is discounted, encamp, holy and theater are not, however japan gets those 3 discounted

Let me know if that is correct, I like to think my math skills are up to par for this.

I just posted in the Expanded Civilopedia thread -- C and A only update when a tech or civic is completed. P updates when a district is placed.

We start with a look at the GP screen:

We're just about to get a General, the Prophet is ~20 turns away, America is about to snag the first Great Writer.

Also, Rome has a new tiny city, Durocortorum, that we'll push to after razing and replacing Mediolanum.

I build some Mines and attack Mediolanum. I also swap Seria to its Holy Site instead of the Ancient Walls it was building.

Next turn, Mediolanum finishes a Builder.

I capture the city on the same turn, and burn it. No prebuilt Holy Sites allowed! But the Builder can stay

Rome comes asking for a peace deal, and is willing to hand Durocortorum and 200 gold over, so I accept. There's a barb camp just north of it.

The newly-resettled site of Mediolanum is named Brief & Trunks and gets a goldbought monument to recognize the successful vengeance, and I send a delegation to Teddy to hopefully keep him happy. I decide to do a bit of district planning:

B&T's planned Industrial zone covers Seria, LCTC, Can Do, and Durocortorum, as well as a couple of other possible nearby city sites:

Any comments before I continue?

Some other stuff:

Available District Types: Campus, Theater Square, Holy Site, Entertainment Complex, Encampment
Currently built: 2 Holy Site, 1 Theater, 1 Encampment.
Expected of each type: 4/5, not enough for any discounts. I want to get some more Holy Sites up.

As for the religion:

Already taken are Wats, Synagogues, Missionary Zeal, and Divine Inspiration.

Those are the two Worship buildings I'd want the most, probably Meetinghouses or Stupas are the best after that.

The obvious Follower belief is Jesuit Education. Our holy sites will give us the faith for it, we'll be making a lot of Theater Squares, and we'll also want Campuses because there are a lot of late critical techs (Radio, Computers)

Church Property is the obvious choice for a Founder belief, but Lay Ministry might also be interesting (get +1 faith/+1 culture for each holysite/theater square in a city following this religion.)

Enhancer could be Defender of the Faith, but given the pressures of Jesuit Education and the general ease of combat vs. the AI we might want Holy Order (cheaper missionaries/apostles).