As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

Going to England for 2 days, no idea if I can manage teamviewer, trip popped out yesterday, so no forewarning.

Will probably be able to play normally.

I'll be moving house next month so I might occasionally be a bit longer on the turns

Unsure if I can manage a turn before tomorrow. I apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.

My old GPU gave up the ghost today, I hope to have it replaced within a few days, but until then I won't have access to a civ-capable pc unfortunately

(January 28th, 2018, 20:57)Japper007 Wrote: My old GPU gave up the ghost today, I hope to have it replaced within a few days, but until then I won't have access to a civ-capable pc unfortunately

German speaker?smile

Dutch, actually, why? Did I make a grammar error? (I also speak German, not my first language though)

I didn't notice one, but maybe Archduke's eyes are sharper than mine. Heck, I thought you were a native speaker.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

'Gave up the ghost' does sound very German indeed. Not an expression I ever heard from a native English speaker.

Anyway, please let us know your status. The recent spate of intermittent play is not really conducive to play. You develop great ideas and thoughts and a few days later, you can't even recall what you wanted to do.

(January 29th, 2018, 19:35)Singaboy Wrote: Anyway, please let us know your status. The recent spate of intermittent play is not really conducive to play. You develop great ideas and thoughts and a few days later, you can't even recall what you wanted to do.

Believe me I'm itching to get back to playing as well. I hope to have the replacement by Thursday, this weekend at the latest.

(January 29th, 2018, 19:35)Singaboy Wrote: 'Gave up the ghost' does sound very German indeed. Not an expression I ever heard from a native English speaker.

I've heard it lots of times, [it's a thing people say.](https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/give_up_the_ghost) Japper's natural use of English idiom is part of why I thought he was a native speaker!

Anyway, just keep us updated. We've had a bad spate of stops 'n starts lately, between the Mike issue, Archduke's unexpected trip, and now this. Otherwise we're maintaining a solid pace and I'd like to keep that up. smile
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.