As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Anyone up for an EitB SG?

Looks like another nice set.

Either some good expansion or a Pyre Zombie leveraged takeover of the Dovs or Horselords would probably put us over the top into the next civ, from the looks of it.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

I forgot to check how many civs are in the game while I had the save open. Anyone know how many more we have not met?

We could end up taking over the Doviello, who are in a pretty tough position. They do have space to expand to the north and west, from what I could tell. But their capital is not strong, especially after we took out their farms. Do we want to consider an attack on them to try to prevent that, or do we just want to push expansion and let the chips fall where they may?

(January 30th, 2018, 15:28)haphazard1 Wrote: Do we want to consider an attack on [the Doviello] to try to prevent [switching to them]?

As I understand the ground rules, that isn't supposed to be a consideration.

Good set, expansion and aristofarms set us up for more cities.

I won't be able to play tonight, so Lord Parkin has an opening if he wants to step in. Otherwise, I'll post a "got it" and play a set tomorrow.

We could get more cities (and increase our score) via conquest, rather than by expansion. hammer Just depends on how we want to go about increasing our score so we trigger the first change in control.

Immediately finding ourselves fighting our former empire may just be the way things turn out. frown Not sure which position is worse at this point, the Hippus or the Doviello. The Hippus have a much better capital from what we can see, but they have no easy way to expand.

Of course, I could be worrying for nothing, and there is another unmet AI somewhere that is in even worse shape. lol

The Hippus does seem to have land to the south they can get to. The cotton spot down south doesn’t look terrible for example. And the player can do quite a lot with Horselords regardless.

I’m more and more scared of trying to dig Doviello out of their hole. If the AI manages to get mining it might not be too bad but otherwise I feel like we’d need to ride Lucian and wolves to gain a foothold in any of our former empire’s good land.

Might be too soon to consider that though, gotta focus on who we’re playing right now.

The Doviello do have land to their north and west. It may not be very good land, but there are some resources up there like sheep. Our scout lived long enough to reveal a bit of land before that bear chased him into a spider's reach. cry Assuming the AI does not somehow declare on the barbs, then the Doviello would just need to deal with animals (admittedly an issue) to claim some of that land.

Not easy, given their crummy capital, but possible. Maybe. We may find out, or we may not.

Checked the save. We have 6 rivals left, so that gives us the four we have met (Hippus, Doviello, Malakim, Calabim), one we know exists from event messages (Balseraph), and one unknown civ. Our score is tops of the ones we know, so at least one of the Balseraph or the unknown civ must have a higher score than we do. Thus we would not transfer to that civ when we surpass them. Possible candidates would be the Doviello (lowest score of the civs we know), or the Balseraph or the unknown civ if one of them is worse off than the Doviello. (Poor bastards must have a truly ugly start if they are worse off than the Doviello.)

The victory screen should tell you who has the highest score, though I’m not sure if it takes unknown civs into account.

Have we done much exploration to the south of hippus?

I don't think we have sent any units through Hippus territory to the south, due to our early conflict with them. Given their culture, there does not seem to be a path without violating their territory. So maybe the last two AIs are down there? Or there is more space in the west. Or islands?