As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 7 - Team Contest (4 x 2) - discussion

Everything OK Emperor K? It is getting near the end of your stated turn time and want to make sure you didn't forget to pass the save.

Just got it now. My bad I was stuck with my PBEM6 game trying to figure out how to surrender. Sucks the client doesn't tell me I got another waiting, playing now.

Well posted in my thread and got to wait for lurker / TheArchduke to respond. Sorry again, did not even know it was my turn until I sent my last PBEM6 save.

Made executive decision. Save was passed to me 12 hours ago, before resolution was confirmed. This is our last city trade, sorry but not worth missing one turn of growth / production when he passed the save long before we all came to a resolution.

I've got no problems with that, if he sent you the city earlier.

No one's upset over proceeding on this basis, right? We're all feeling good? In agreement?
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(February 6th, 2018, 22:26)Emperor K Wrote: Just got it now. My bad I was stuck with my PBEM6 game trying to figure out how to surrender. Sucks the client doesn't tell me I got another waiting, playing now.

I have always surrendered using the webpage. On the game's page below the players is a 2 tabs (one for "Play Turn" and another says "Surrender"). Go to the "Surrender" tab and the is a red "Surrender" button. Once you hit it the game will proceed to the next player.

Ya, figured that out. Wanted to get some last screens before I ended.

EDIT: I am as chill as a Russian winter! (I am just fine with the resolution)

A good night sleep and an early morning diaper change always put things into perspective. This is a game.

@ Singaboy:

I do read your threads after the game. I apologize, but you are getting under my skin. You are condescending, even to the point of being personal.
I would really ask you to be more polite. If anyone else would have posted this, this discussion would not have escalated or got derailed by me.

@ Chevalier:

Thanks for the first sane post here.

@ All:

We were not breaking any rules. Trading cities is a cheesy move, but then again as I pointed out cheese has never stopped anyone before with CIV VI PBEMs.
If the general attitude of RB is "cheese is not fine or check it beforehand" I agree wholeheartely and said so before. I joined this community because cheese is looked down upon. But then please no exceptions and no discussions with me that "this cheese is more cheese then this cheese." It is cheese. crazyeye

I was very close to quitting this game yesterday as:

1.) The newbie/vet thing got thrown out of the window.
2.) The Mapmaker is playing his own map.
3.) Our team exploited a cheese which could result in even worse cheese. (My god, you could really create nonstop units as England, those civ traits..)

Now 3.) irks me the most. I am fine with other people doing cheesy stuff, but I actually was not that happy with the idea myself in my thread but the memory of PBEM #4 influenced me to err on the side of cheese, not again. banghead

The question is now do we move beyond all this stuff or not.
I know that people have invested time in their threads and if we can move beyond the Mike thing we can move beyond this thing.

I owe it to my teammate, and especially Woden and Chevalier whose team is the only time not affected by strange advantages in this strange game.

So all said and done, I can see myself finishing this if all parties agree that what done is done. And give Woden/Chevalier a cookie if they win this. shades

Else, let´s restart this mess with the expansion. I am fine with both.

With the incoming patch tonight, we may want to unsubscribe to the CQUI mod before updating the game, just to be on the safe side until we know if it works with the new game.

Edit: Looks like patch is live and this:

(February 7th, 2018, 13:38)rho21 Wrote: Loaded it up. First thing I've noticed is that right-click is no longer working for unit movement. banghead
After a little fiddling, it looks as though that's caused by an incompatibility with the CQUI mod.
So looks like we will have to continue without the CQUI until it gets updated.

Well my ui is missing city info. I can still play my turn but it is a bit annoying.