As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

It's Clobberin' Time! Raging Barbs Highlands Tokugawa on Monarch

I've had managers like that: "They're all priority 1!" Doesn't quite work out, usually....

If the AIs are also managing to expand, hopefully the land available for barbs to spawn will begin shrinking. I would like to have some axes on hand, for when the barb axes start showing up. Otherwise we are likely to lose a lot of our tile improvements, as archers can not counter-attack axes and get decent odds.

I may have to delay slightly. The MOO SG hit my in-tray at the same time, and I'm going to prioritise that as the set of players is smaller. In practice this means that I won't be able to take a serious look at or play this game until Monday evening, and I'm not sure how long 15 turns is going to take. Could be Wednesday before I'm able to finish and report.

So, I'll pick it up tomorrow if it's still available, but Zalson, if it suits you to keep the turn pace up, feel free to play! In that case, either skip me or I'll slot in for the next turnset.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Ok I've a confession to make. I commited a huge error: Flindo's Quest is misnamed it should read Flimbo's Quest. Mea maxima culpa cry .

On the capital, I simply forgot to optimise tiles the last two turns. After whipping it I didn't keep a close enough eye on it.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Good luck with both games, shallow_thought! Whenever the turns get played, in whatever order. (Since I am also participating in the MoO SG. smile)

(May 13th, 2018, 06:06)shallow_thought Wrote: I may have to delay slightly. The MOO SG hit my in-tray at the same time, and I'm going to prioritise that as the set of players is smaller.

So you’re saying this is priority six?

I’ll see myself out. But you have 48 hours to play after a got it so tomorrow is fine.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

As an aside and seriously, haphazard1, what field do you work in? What methodologies have worked well for communicating that there are multiple high priorities?

www.earnestwords.com

Enterprise scale software development. Managers who show up in meetings and label everything as "top priority" are the bane of my existence. shakehead Despite the near-universal love by managers for the term 'multi-tasking' it is not actually possible for me to work on half a dozen critical tasks in parallel. Something has to come first, and setting priorities is (supposedly) part of their job. I am particularly unfond of the ones who later try to blame me and my team with "didn't you know X needed to come first?" If X needed to come first, then why didn't you say so?

Sorry for the mini-rant, but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Back to the game! nod It would be good to scout to our east, but our scout(s) need to survive long enough to provide info. With copper connected, maybe an axe/archer pair? They would not move very fast, especially if they have to stop and heal after attacks, but together would hopefully be tough enough to survive.

Aargh. My computer is locked in a cycle of trying and failing to install Windows 10 update (the big pointless one they produce every now and again with features I don't want but can't choose not to have).

Sorry. Please skip me.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Sorry to hear that, shallow_thought. alright Hope things get straightened out soon.

I believe that brings Zalson to the 'Up Next!' position in the roster. Good luck!

Zalson (UP
RFS-81 (on deck)
haphazard1
Brian Shanahan
shallow_thought (skipped)

I'll play 15 to get us to even and then we'll go 10/set for each after that. Hope you can kill that update process, shallow_thought. I'll post my goals for the set later today and will try to play tonight.

www.earnestwords.com