As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(November 30th, 2018, 07:10)Ichabod Wrote: You also get two extra envoys when doing this, which prevents you losing the bonus by suzerainity changes (though I don't really know what happens when suzerainity changes while someone has units levied).

You loose all levied Units from the CS if you loose suzerainty.

It is not an early Strength but looks quite powerful later on. OTOH you have to do with the Units the CS built (do they use many mounted Units?) and it remains to be seen if there is a huge difference between using your money to levy Units and upgrade them for free to example Cavs and using your Money to upgrade your own Units with the same money to Cavs. So it will need the one or other game to decide how powerful this really is.

City states build mounted units if they have horse, which is rare

City states have all techs that >50% of major civs have, or something like that, right? They also tend to upgrade as soon as they can when new tech becomes available. I can't see the free upgrades being all that useful in most MP games.

Very minor PBEM11 spoiler:
One city state army I've seen consisted of 1 crossbow, 1 knight and 7 catapults. Good luck invading a human with that.

https://www.civilization.com/news/entrie...y-14-2019/

The Maori, well gotta say these guys look a lot stronger than Hungary did. A free bonus for moving your Settler... Extra hammers from forests and rainforests and extra food from fishing boats... Fishing boats pop borders... eek

I can just imagine all the exploity things you can do with the Settler and early production bonus in Multiplayer, especially since you also have an early Unique Unit... mischief

Quite frankly, this is insane. Probably an instaban like Scythia. Awesome.

(December 4th, 2018, 10:45)TheArchduke Wrote: Quite frankly, this is insane. Probably an instaban like Scythia. Awesome.

Ah happy I'm not the only one who thinks this looks like an instant God Tier contender.

So how long until Firaxis' ridiculous power creep has enough permabanned civs to play a Gods Only game? crazyeye Sythia, Sumeria, Maori...

Wait a minute. Can not harvest ressources. Did I read this right? Not so banable after all.

Noteworthy that the Maori cannot harvest resources (or recruit great writers, definitely a lesser penalty). That definitely hurts them.

On the other hand, their bonuses are even more stupidly broken in a MP game where they (presumably?) won't start in the middle of the ocean. A free builder and likely extra production from turn one? That's crazy good.

Fair point, they completly break normal settling decisions thereby how to balance them, maybe move them in the oceans for PBEMs. I am not seeing it atm.