As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Seeing you can easily "disable" every piece of content, I think so.

(December 10th, 2018, 05:43)TheArchduke Wrote: Seeing you can easily "disable" every piece of content, I think so.

Nope, they explicitly said it will propagate back to the base game in that stream.

I think that was in reply to my question here:

(December 9th, 2018, 09:05)RFS-81 Wrote: Oh, and has there been any info if the new expansion requires the old? Like, can you have the power/global warming stuff without governors and era points?

Thanks, Archduke!

New civ revealed: Canada.
Filled with stereotypes: Ice Hockey rinks as improvement, Mountie as UU and bonuses for diplomatic favors (making Canada good civ to go for diplomatic victory).
Leader: Wilfrid Laurier, allows Canada to build farms at tundra tiles and more another tundra related bonuses. At least other civ than Russia who can benefit tundra tiles.

Canada is memier and even more useless than Scotland...

Tundra farms are not a bonus at all, unless farms themselves get an upgrade in the expansion pack. I've never looked at a Tundra tile and gone "gee sure wish I could upgrade this wortless 1 food tile to a worthless 2 food one, that seems like a worthwile use of my Builders!" rolleye (Just checked it in the vid, and the farm does indeed only add one food, such value lol ). The double resources is nice, but how often is that going to happen and how relevant is that? You're going to want Encampments anyway, so it really just means you have more stuff to fence to the AI for free moneys in Single Player.

The improvement is nice, but that production may as well be irrelevant. Has anyone even made it to proffesional sports, like ever, and not already been in a dominant position?

Not being able to be targeted by Surprise DOW's can be nice in Multiplayer, but then again ten turns of advance warning isn't going to do you a whole lot with how expensive units are in civ 6...

Mounty unit is just  rolleye , but there is apparently a substantial upgrde coming to unit-trees, so maybe it'll end up being good.

(December 11th, 2018, 14:33)Japper007 Wrote: The double resources is nice, but how often is that going to happen and how relevant is that? You're going to want Encampments anyway, so it really just means you have more stuff to fence to the AI for free moneys in Single Player.

I think you are missing the part of the expansion where resources are now yields per turn and not just do you have it. All(?) units are going to require a cost of resources. For example, a sword may cost 10 iron to build and each iron provides 5 per turn, then having double would mean you get 10 per turn (don't know the actual numbers yet). So, having double yields might be very useful.

Ah that'd make it more relevant then. I forgot about that. Guess we'll have to see what the frequency of resources will be in the new sytem before rendering judgement.

One other thing about Canada. Can't declare war on city-states. But at least you have your tundra farms! rolleye

Well, it probably means the expansion sells a bit better. It seems we are going to get more and more modern countries as "civilizations". Not too thrilled to be honest. Canada, but no Ottomans? Australia, but no Portugal? Sigh..

The Ottomans will come soon enough.

I am intrigued by the new resource system as well. However it turns out, it will end up making it harder to field large armies, I'm sure of that. So a nerf to Domination Victory.