As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

(December 19th, 2018, 13:52)Mardoc Wrote:
Quote:when we move in...next turn.
So, um, why have your Skirms been hanging out at home, anyway?  To save the 5 gpt?  Or is this the entire army and the turns have just been passing fast enough that you're already in the '5 or so turns' phase?

(December 19th, 2018, 13:00)Commodore Wrote: ...and it's shown in our pitiful, gross GNP. This is creative, please note:

I take it the plan to get out of the hole is simply to grow onto more tiles once you have the full Olympic medal set?  Do you have any war weariness?
The skirmishers take an extra three turns to reach his capital. They've been camping in-borders to save money and to continue to feed his hopes. I think he's sunk quite a few turns into another galley or a settler. Anytime he's not grimly whipping mass archers, we're helped.

Economic recovery is going to be working more riverside tiles 
Our approval rating dipped below 50% this turn. This is even without war weariness.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Turn 092

Such a waste frown

Speaking of waste, I did my best Joe Biden impression and gaffed my way through the turn. We only move in 6 skirmishers instead of 7 because of my brain fart. And an axe that should have gone on a galley to scout west of Breckinridge instead is ... I'm not sure what that one was to be honest.

Naufrager is at 50gpt right now.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Maybe you did a Quayle impression, instead? Or Ford?

There's a lot of gaffes in Vice Presidential history, no worries. If the one skirmisher makes a difference, then we're in a pretty miserable place. If we have to wait for the skirmisher, we'll also gain a couple more HA on the pile. We'll have a good half a dozen turns before we go into strike inside his borders.

We need Currency so very badly. It would bring us up to a respectable 26gpt ourselves right now.

Better to have silver + fish even if you can't work the silver tile, than to not have the fish at all smile

(December 19th, 2018, 22:51)Zed-F Wrote: Better to have silver + fish even if you can't work the silver tile, than to not have the fish at all smile
Ew. No thank you on silverfish.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fscjdmcdn.azureedge.net%...86D6C3&f=1]
This is an appropriate spirit animal for such a crappy city.

Maybe if it weren't a polar city, I doubt those would thrive there. Pleuragramma antarcticum might be more appropriate in that environment wink

Hey asshole...this sucks once. Spamming me with this offer TEN TIMES is the height of dickery.
[Image: 0sBSGGP.jpg]

This needs to be over. Working on it.
[Image: pEdUT5x.jpg]

Alright, let's do this thing. 450 hammers of horse archers, 225 hammers of skirmishers, an axe, and countless other distortions...there's absolutely no way anything we've gained that is worth this. But if you see Superdeath, this right here is the only path you can take. He'll destroy your game at no profit to himself, otherwise. And in this sadistic tight duel-island? The only one like this in the Pitboss, evidently?
[Image: pUqeBPj.jpg]
Let's end this. We've got a hole to dig out of.

The Second Battle of Vietnam: Member Berries
Superdeath gave us one final gift: City Walls. It lowered the odds, but not horribly; only .3 more strength, or .2 on the warriors. Pindicator and I spoke about the risk/reward ratios of going in with horse archers first vs. skirmishers...in the end, confidence in killing Superdeath won out over the preference to keep the horses.
[Image: i885r4H.jpg]
It was painful. We brought not a single unit too many, and five of our beautiful pristine C1 horse archers died. Along with three skirmishers, beautiful of course each in his own way.
[Image: k6brqb6.jpg]
...but in the end, the sixteen units we brought were enough. 92 gold, no infrastructure. Renamed Hamlin.
[Image: uyml828.jpg]
Long national nightmare, over. -1 gpt.