As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic Release thread : latest version 6.06!

I tried another game and I didn't encounter the bug. This was also base MoM v1.31 from a different source.

Quote:5.53
-Fixed bug : Units being transported on ships don't remember their movement order.
-AI now considers Blood Lust as a “Medium strength buff” type spell for global buff priority.
-Fixed 5.45 bug : Item transfer impossible when hero is on a boat on ocean due to the game not detecting the ship.
-Ships will no longer carry units automatically. Instead, only selected ships and units move together at all times. If such a movement would leave a unit to drown, the movement doesn't happen. Units with no movement remaining can be selected, but can only move when carried by a ship. This behavior also applies to Wind Walking.
-When a unit participated in combat as an attacker, for the rest of the turn it cannot be selected.
-Sailing movement type now takes priority over Non-corporeal. (noncorporeal ships cannot move on land anymore.)
-Maritime Guilds now require a Fighter's Guild.
-The AI will now reevaluate for the need of using the “Benny Hill” tactic before moving each unit instead of only once per turn. This should allow the AI to avoid suiciding a lot of weak flying/etc units into one strong enemy all in one turn, and might occasionally enable the AI to be smarter at retreating regenerating units to refill their hp.

Please report any bugs if found, especially related to moving units.

(January 2nd, 2019, 21:08)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:5.53
-Fixed bug : Units being transported on ships don't remember their movement order.
-AI now considers Blood Lust as a “Medium strength buff” type spell for global buff priority.
-Fixed 5.45 bug : Item transfer impossible when hero is on a boat on ocean due to the game not detecting the ship.
-Ships will no longer carry units automatically. Instead, only selected ships and units move together at all times. If such a movement would leave a unit to drown, the movement doesn't happen. Units with no movement remaining can be selected, but can only move when carried by a ship. This behavior also applies to Wind Walking.
-When a unit participated in combat as an attacker, for the rest of the turn it cannot be selected.
-Sailing movement type now takes priority over Non-corporeal. (noncorporeal ships cannot move on land anymore.)
-Maritime Guilds now require a Fighter's Guild.
-The AI will now reevaluate for the need of using the “Benny Hill” tactic before moving each unit instead of only once per turn. This should allow the AI to avoid suiciding a lot of weak flying/etc units into one strong enemy all in one turn, and might occasionally enable the AI to be smarter at retreating regenerating units to refill their hp.

Yea, movement is bugged. Watch last minute - engineers dissapeared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7qPi8KNSU

Attached Files
.gam   SAVE1.GAM (Size: 151.96 KB / Downloads: 1)

Fixed and reuploaded.

Quote:-Ships will no longer carry units automatically. Instead, only selected ships and units move together at all times. If such a movement would leave a unit to drown, the movement doesn't happen. Units with no movement remaining can be selected, but can only move when carried by a ship. This behavior also applies to Wind Walking.

Oh so if something attacked it blocks any ship landing on it, interesting take.  I think I like it.

Great job! Glad that you found use for 2 of my suggestions.

Quote:Units with no movement remaining can be selected, but can only move when carried by a ship. This behavior also applies to Wind Walking.

Significant buff to wind walking - it had the limitation of not being able to pick up expended units. Why this choice for curiosity?

No that's a misunderstanding. I meant, they can only move when on a ship, even if there is a wind walker. Basically, same as always.
You can move the ship to the tile with the unit that finished a battle. However you can't move the unit using the ship, as you can't select that unit and unselected units don't move.

The ship movement is great but a bit annoying as you need to reselect all the units each time - those with move 0 aren't selected by default and when you click a unit in a stack for the first time it selects only that unit.
Could you make it so that also the units with move 0 are selected by default instead?

Ah maybe I found a bug - if a sprite moves twice on a ship, then gets carried in combat, it doesn't show up in the fight despite not having participated to a combat yet.

Weird, can I have a save file for that?