As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

The marketing team thinks you should be hyping up the fact that the Forbidden Palace build is saving us SIXTY GOLD PER TURN

Edit: 2-turning Monarchy isn't bad either
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Its shocking how fast an economy can be turned around.

Darrell

P.S. Good luck Commodore!

(January 22nd, 2019, 11:22)pindicator Wrote: The marketing team thinks you should be hyping up the fact that the Forbidden Palace build is saving us SIXTY GOLD PER TURN

Edit: 2-turning Monarchy isn't bad either

Wow. So that one build is worth as much as everything else you've done in the last 20 turns? neenerneener

How many golden ages would you have had to run to make the MoM more valuable than 60 gpt?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Three of our golden ages, or two of ours vs two of our rival's. It's...hard to say.

El Pindore Norte war is still ongoing.
[Image: dD95nQ5.jpg]
BGNu have stabilized with longbows, but they've just lost a massive amount of score to a Rusten raze. They only have Moai or shrine for that much score. Sucks for them, but much love to Rusten for further improving our own diplomatic relations.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thanks for the update! Lots of good foreign policy info, and it's interesting to see your gold production too smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Pindicator might be able to report a bit more, but for now, BEFORE:
[Image: GI7pnHf.jpg]

...and AFTER:
[Image: xe9efq5.jpg]

An extra 350 gpt?!? That'll buy you a few techs!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(January 24th, 2019, 22:15)Mardoc Wrote: An extra 350 gpt?!?  That'll buy you a few techs!
Well, it's also us turning on tech. But we'll manage Machinery, Feudalism, Compass easily, maybe even start on Guilds.

Turn 137

We are in a golden age!  This is our key stretch: over these next 8 turns we are going to go from 1950s China into modern China.  The large country that everybody thinks will be backwater forever is rapidly advancing and now before our neighbors realize it things will be too late.  Ideally.

The plan is to do the following during this golden age:
- last second whipping of galleys (Commodore took care of this off camera, to the tune of 20 food)
- bulb 2 Great Scientists for Astronomy
- find the best way to tech Compass, Feudalism, and Machinery to enable the bulbs
- figure out what we're building with our production

We also need to start spreading religion!  There were a few talks about Hinduism v Christianity, and in the end with the goal of capturing DZ's shrine down the line we are going to spread Hinduism far and wide.  And of the 3 cities we have that are Hindu, Johnson and Hendricks are building skirmishers.  So Hamblin will be our missionary pump, just as soon as it finishes its forge at end of this turn.

The goal here is forges and Org Rel building bonus for everyone, and then we can hopefully have some proper production!  Only if that was the ONLY goal - instead there's a pressing need from out east:

That naufrager city that was burned is right on our border! I can't help but think our capital and Moai city is next. Rusten could just be going around looking for cities of opportunity to strike at - and so for that reason I've swapped everything here over to skirmishers. We don't want to see us get to the doorstep of Astronomy only to have it all come crashing down - and delaying a few forges by a couple turns is a hedge I'm willing to make. Don't know what Rusten's numbers are, but he's burned 2 cities now, and we've now fallen to 6th in power. Need to change that number.

What we are building:

Hopefully it is enough. I'm not sure how much production Rusten had towards units, but I have a hard time imagining he has anything more than a fleet ready to go after whatever is easy to pick off. Sadly that meant we had to pull Johnson off of it's missionary, but no point in building a missionary in an undefended city that is at risk of being burned in 2 turns.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Pindicator is alarmed. That's a definite "skirmisher" motif we're rocking now.
[Image: 6K47fbX.jpg]
In most locations, at least. Rifling is a long, long way off for us, so in addition to the usual walls going all over, we've put Tompkins on a Special Project...
[Image: MV8EbJo.jpg]
Two more turns, we'll add OR bonus too.

Finally, here's a fun problem to have. We need to slow down a Great Person. I think here? Hednricks next to the capital will be our go-to source of National Epics later in the civ's life.
[Image: zqJMHcP.jpg]

This week's opportunity fell through. Into unemployment, y'all.