As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

Anybody interested in a Gathering Storm PBEM?

Roster/Order
Woden (CST)-Persia
pindicator (PST)-Inca
TheArchduke (CET)-Mapuche
CFCJesterFool (CST)-Ottomans
suboptimal (EST)-Greece/Gorgo

Map Settings
Map Type: Fractal
Difficult: Prince
Start: Balanced
World Age: New
Everything Else-Random
No natural wonder starts
10 City States
No Goody Huts

Rules
Gathering Storm Rule set
Bans: Nan Madol, Scythia, Hungry, VA
Civ picks by civilization
No declaring war on city-states

PYDT Game url: https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/game/72...dcb0e8cc48

I'm in, provided the start is after May 12th.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I am in, provided that we ban the most glaring unbalances.

(April 2nd, 2019, 01:13)TheArchduke Wrote: I am in, provided that we ban the most glaring unbalances.

mjw's banned list:

Gives too much stuff:

--Nan Madol (via rerolling because you still have access to the map and can transfer to SP game).
--Scythia
--Hungry
--VA

Other:
--Australia (implicit collusion)
--De facto Chandra, Pericles and Eleanor ban by going by Civ not Leader.

(April 2nd, 2019, 01:13)TheArchduke Wrote: I am in, provided that we ban the most glaring unbalances.

Your joining would be reason for me to join wink

Sadly I know I won't have time for the game with a mid-may start so I refrain for now.

I think Rowain and Archduke should have to dedlurk each other until they're best friends
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(April 2nd, 2019, 14:02)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: I think Rowain and Archduke should have to dedlurk each other until they're best friends

Nah.  That's too easy.  They should play a civ together as a succession game within the main game. lol

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I'm willing to join in another one. Whatever the rest of the players think of bans is fine with me, I don't think balancing this game is possible

Edit: what about using the existing Better Balance mod?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 2nd, 2019, 14:02)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: I think Rowain and Archduke should have to dedlurk each other until they're best friends

In other news I feel that pillaging might need to be banned unless the yields are Food and HP due to implict collusion. You pillage and they keep repairing because they are annoyed at a third party. Not worth it for food and HP. I don't have strong feelings. Under normal circumstances pillaging isn't strong enough to do anything about without a game (after they removed science and culture) so I would allow it to start but it's very likely we'll only have one Civ6 GS game.

I don't feel that pillaging needs to be banned, nor does Australia. I think that implicit collusion would not be an issue. Regarding the issue of pillage-farming city-states I'd like to propose the suggested rule that I put at the end of my PBEM 14 thread that Woden also seemed to be in some agreement with:

- A city-state may not have war directly declared against it. War with a city-state may only result as a result of war with its suzerain.

Regarding mods, I think if we're going to play a game under the GS ruleset we should not use mods. As the first game we'd probably want to see how the new mechanics, particularly the new strategic resource management system, work out.