As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

(April 2nd, 2019, 21:54)suboptimal Wrote: I don't feel that pillaging needs to be banned, nor does Australia.  I think that implicit collusion would not be an issue.  Regarding the issue of pillage-farming city-states I'd like to propose the suggested rule that I put at the end of my PBEM 14 thread that Woden also seemed to be in some agreement with:

- A city-state may not have war directly declared against it.  War with a city-state may only result as a result of war with its suzerain.

Regarding mods, I think if we're going to play a game under the GS ruleset we should not use mods.  As the first game we'd probably want to see how the new mechanics, particularly the new strategic resource management system, work out.

I agree with both, no direct war declarations on city states and it would be nice to see how GS plays out before trying to mod it, plus with the changes to unit production (i.e. resource costs), would the mod even work?

Also, I suggest no natural wonder starts. Hopefully with the official release of world builder, they fixed the bugs with natural wonders.

Regarding city states we could also try playing on a high difficulty setting. City states look like they have been buffed again, and also start with walls on Immortal and Diety levels.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I feel a bit unsure if pindicator can play on a neutral basis in regards to me, but I will see.

I like MJWs ban list, especially superflous leaders as well.

If you're worried about how I play, last game is last game. I've never played a game set against someone from the start due to a grudge and I don't plan on you being my first.

I'm a little concerned you might try to influence people in the game in an outside thread again, but I'm willing to give you the chance to prove me wrong.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Sounds fun. CST (GMT-6h). I like the proposed rule of no wars can be declared against city states (unless you attack their suzerain.)
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Woden, I thought about it and I would ban pillage-farming (cannot pillage the same tile twice) and ban the Australian civ outright. The only other thing I can think of is using DoF to block units because that's dumb but that isn't logical because DoF hands a first strike to someone which is worse.

Edit: If implict collusion isn't a problem then first two things I just said should be let in with the difficulty bumped up to make to hard to farm city states like Pindicator suggested (hard enough to let other players to do something). If it is a problem then I feel the first two rules are really needed.

It's not logical to ban unit-blocking so I striked it off.

(April 3rd, 2019, 09:58)pindicator Wrote: If you're worried about how I play, last game is last game.  I've never played a game set against someone from the start due to a grudge and I don't plan on you being my first.  

I'm a little concerned you might try to influence people in the game in an outside thread again, but I'm willing to give you the chance to prove me wrong.

rolleye

(April 3rd, 2019, 21:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Woden, I thought about it and I would ban pillage-farming (cannot pillage the same tile twice) and ban the Australian civ outright. The only other thing I can think of is using DoF to block units because that's dumb but that isn't logical because DoF hands a first strike to someone which is worse.

Edit: If implict collusion isn't a problem then first two things I just said should be let in with the difficulty bumped up to make to hard to farm city states like Pindicator suggested (hard enough to let other players to do something). If it is a problem then I feel the first two rules are really needed.

It's not logical to ban unit-blocking so I striked it off.

It would need to be checked that upping player difficulty in hotseat mode actually gives city-states walls. Since players can be set to different difficulties as a relative handicap I don't know if the city-state adjustments are active (set one player to Prince, one to Immortal, what happens with city-states?)
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(April 4th, 2019, 07:32)suboptimal Wrote: It would need to be checked that upping player difficulty in hotseat mode actually gives city-states walls. Since players can be set to different difficulties as a relative handicap I don't know if the city-state adjustments are active (set one player to Prince, one to Immortal, what happens with city-states?)

According to this redditor, it doesn't.

Okay, city-states would be too easy to farm. So how about no pillaging city-states? It's not logical because pillaging being too strong is the real culprit (city-states are always punching bags) so I would go with my pillage-farming ban and tacking on Australia but it would work.