As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

41 Vice: Commodicator/Pindore

Yeah, the game is over if the other teams won't fight. Just need to see how long they want to keep playing their turns or now
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Our highly deceptive score is probably fooling people who think we're still in it. Lurker should poll the others to see if they think they can still win (spoiler, nobody else can). Please kind lurkers?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Yeah, we had the pop base and land tiles, but Pyramids were just so strong this game.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm willing to do that, let me get clearance in the Lurker thread that its kosher. I don't see anyone else having a shot at this besides you guys so I doubt its an issue but I don't want to take unilateral action (even though I'm an American).

Darrell

Come on Darrell, Make Concessions Great Again
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 4th, 2019, 14:23)pindicator Wrote: Come on Darrell, Make Concessions Great Again

rolf rolf rolf .  Posted in the non-Rusten, non-dead threads.

Darrell

Conceding with the land you got from me??!
/shun
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Hey that's all about to be Rusten's land in 10 turns so it's really the winning team's land after all!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Looks like everyone has weighed in. We done dun?

Plenty of time for postgame analysis, but I sure hope everyone else can see it's over. Gavagai's peace treaty gives Rusten ten solid turns of beating us up with his new tech; it was bad enough before but with grenadiers and ships of the line we're going to be dead in double time. Police State is a huge deal; I wish it showed up in the demos. Gavagai was the only one who came within a shout of our production; Cairo is going to keep on being One More Tech away from the right stuff (he's near rifles, poor man, but protective grenadiers don't care). Appreciate Naufragar scrapping away, but he's not going anywhere without frigates.

Krill, it feels like grenadiers and cannon are a strictly better path than rifles, any comment?

The line I should have held most of all? Requesting 120-140 tiles per player max. Ridiculous numbers of cities are ridiculous.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Well Gav seems to think your position is much stronger than you do, and was surprised your response to his peace treaty was concession. In fact he's often read the state of play differently than you during this game. Given other players' reads, it's hard to see how he justifies his thinking, but I only know what people have been posting, which isn't a lot.