As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

I'm all for the map settings suggested by CFCJesterFool - balanced starts, everything else set to random. Regarding the number of city-states I think the "usual and customary" two per player is good.

As far as other rules go, I believe we've generally agreed to the following:

- City-States cannot have declared against them directly - gotta declare on a suzerain to declare on a city-state
- Venetian Arsenal is banned.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

What if a city-state has no suzerain? Can players immediately murder their neighboring city-states? And, of course, their own vassals?
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

No Suzerian = No DoW was also a point of the rule

(April 19th, 2019, 09:36)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: What if a city-state has no suzerain? Can players immediately murder their neighboring city-states? And, of course, their own vassals?

As MJW pointed out the idea is to prevent early-game city-state conquering but still provide that option later on.  If a city-state has no suzerain you'd have no way to declare war upon it.  Likewise, you can't declare war on your own vassals as you can't declare war on yourself. 

What this boils down to is that you can't go into the city-state menu and hit the "Declare War" button under any circumstance.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Updated OP with Map Settings, Play Order, and Rules. No way to exclude Nan Madol, so we will have to live with them if they are in the game. Let me know if something is wrong.

Rolled Woden as Player 1. Civ choices:

Pindicator (PDT)
Incan
Dutch
Scottish
Roman
Arabian

TheArchduke (CET)
Maori
Georgian
Mapuche
Egyptian
Japanese

Woden (CDT)
Phoenician
Persian
Polish
English
Khmer

suboptimal (EDT)
Swedish
Mongolian
Australian
Spanish
Greek

CFCJesterFool (CDT)
Ottoman
Zulu
Nubian
Russian
American

Good luck all, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

If you all PM me your choices I can post them here once everyone's picks are in.

(April 20th, 2019, 10:13)Woden Wrote: Updated OP with Map Settings, Play Order, and Rules. No way to exclude Nan Madol, so we will have to live with them if they are in the game. Let me know if something is wrong.

I'm assuming "open in SP" to get access to revealall no longer works. 

This is an "all random" game so it doesn't make sense to mod the game to get rid of this city-state. But moving the file to a SP folder is okay.

Oh, I see the problem is Cornflakes doesn't have a copy of GS. I want to get a copy of GS someday for the LOL so I see two options.

1. Have me buy GS and get rid of Nan Madol. I'm not comfortable in judging a map for fairness but generating maps until we don't get Nan Madol is okay. Most efficient is for Woden to give me five maps or so and I'll tell him the first one that doesn't have Nan Madol.

2. Unban Nan Madol.

Nan Madol is strong enough that it may not make sense anymore to ban Hungry, but the civs have already been rolled. It's too late for anything else but Nan Madol too. I would unban Nan Madol because Cornflakes not having GS "inspired" the all random setup.

So far I have received picks from Pindicator and CFCJesterFool