As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

There is worse stuff around then Nan Madol.
Personally I would not ban anything, I kinda gave up on the balance idea, but I am fine with whatever rules are decided.

Sending picks as soon as I looked my choices over.

More thoughts... I don't think Nan Madol ban is logical because Random Map can spit out much worse things. Nan Madol just got through because you had to use revealall trick to get rid of it. But it was agreed to so if someone objects the ban should be back on. 

If you remove the format stuff the remaining banned list is VA, Scythia and Hungry. 2x production is so Über that VA and Scythia are clearly in a different power bracket. Hungry is out of place but the civs have already been rolled, it gets a huge stealth buff in this format and +2 movement is dumb and shouldn't be in the game (other civs have it but would never be able to trigger it), so it's okay that it's banned.

Hungary is a good point. No opportunity cost for using its ability. Not unlike Australia.:D

(April 22nd, 2019, 23:40)TheArchduke Wrote: Hungary is a good point. No opportunity cost for using its ability. Not unlike Australia.:D

I mean, Hungary does have to invest into suzeraining a city-state geographically near-ish to their target and then burn a pile of gold to levy its troops and possibly upgrade them. If you manage to wipe someone out or eat a couple of cities from a neighbor, totally worth it, but those are in fact resources that could have gone towards claiming some other city state with a better type/unique bonus and buying a couple of monuments or something.

Civ pics are in! I did not sort by turn order so make sure you account for that when setting up the starting save.

Pindicator - Inca
TheArchduke - Mapuche
Woden - Persia
Suboptimal - Greece/Gorgo
CFCJesterFool - Ottomans

(April 23rd, 2019, 09:40)Cornflakes Wrote: Civ pics are in! I did not sort by turn order so make sure you account for that when setting up the starting save.

Pindicator - Inca
TheArchduke - Mapuche
Woden - Persia
Suboptimal - Greece/Gorgo
CFCJesterFool - Ottomans

Thanks Cornflakes!

Set up game at PYDT

https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/game/01...677649fe34

Password: Realms15

Do we want to do a few turns now to see if our starts are acceptable and know that we will have a break at the beginning of May or do we want to wait until after suboptimal gets back to start?

Play Order:
Woden (CST)-Persia
pindicator (PST)-Inca
TheArchduke (CET)-Mapuche
CFCJesterFool (CST)-Ottomans
suboptimal (EST)-Greece/Gorgo

I've joined
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Joined.

Joined!
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17