As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

I've joined as well.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I started the game. Let us know if we need to restart because of a bad start.

Very close to calling a restart on my start. I played the save, let´s see what the two others say and maybe a lurker drops by and checks it out.

(April 25th, 2019, 06:25)TheArchduke Wrote: Very close to calling a restart on my start. I played the save, let´s see what the two others say and maybe a lurker drops by and checks it out.

My start isn't any good but I'm fine with whatever. Turn played.
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Turn played and passed.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Turn is back to me. I will wait to play again until TheArchduke wakes up (usually before I go to bed) and decides if he wants to roll the dice on a restart. I am with CFCJesterFool, I took the first map I rolled and did not get that great a start but I don't think my start warrants a re-roll.

TheArchduke, let me know if you want a re-roll or if you think you can play with what you got.

Based on what I have at my start and what you guys are saying it seems possible (likely) that we think our individual starts are somewhere between "not great" and "poor" as compared to other PBEMs but they are in fact "fair" when compared to each other. I think the question for the lurkers is whether or not the starts appear balanced. If the lurkers confirm this is the case I say we play through.

I think the best I can offer is to pass the turn to me and I will see how things look like.

At the moment stands right now, as those PBEMs take a long time I would like to use up my one reroll. If I get another crap start, I stick with it.

(April 25th, 2019, 22:09)TheArchduke Wrote: I think the best I can offer is to pass the turn to me and I will see how things look like.

At the moment stands right now, as those PBEMs take a long time I would like to use up my one reroll. If I get another crap start, I stick with it.

Fair enough. Saved past.

I take this start for extra brag rights and so no one can complain against me.